Automating printing to PDFCreator

I am using autoit to control an application and print out several pages to the default printer, in the case PDFCreator. The proble is that I can not reliably control PDFCreator via the GUI. Is if possible to use the com interface to accomplish this.

Basically I use AutoIt to select the print menu choice in the applciation. Then click on the print dialog OK button. At this point the PDF Creator main dialog comes up and I need to click on the Wait button so that I can print several pages to the same PDF. When I am done printing, I have to interact with the PDFCrator diaglog box to combine the pages that have been printed. Then give the document a name and save it.

Currently I am using AutoIt to control the PDFCreator GUI but it doesn't work all of the time; perhaps 9 out of 10 times. PErhaps the COm interface would improve the reliability.

Ian

I will post a code snippet tomorrow when I get to my development PC.

I did find and review that thread. before I posted. There seems to be a problem with the forum database as I am unable to open the second page of the thread. I get a "No data Recived" error. The examples given on the first page of the thread seem to be restricted to printing an existing document rather than receiving the output of a print command from another application the is directed at the PDFCreator pprinter driver. Perhaps I am missing somethig ovious..