Search Files

Summary:

What I have is an application that generates various Text files. It generates an occasional "zero" text file (<name>.txt, size = 0 bytes) for some inexplicable reason.

I need to test for the "zero" byte file and ignore it and go to a next text file with data.

Next, test the included text for the occurrence of a control character sequence (<CR> <CRLF>).

If this is present then execute my additional code, which is completed.

For some reason I have hit a wall and can't see the forest for all those bloody trees in the way!?!?

Global $sFile2 = "C:\Data\Testname.txt"
Global $result, $sFile1 = 0
Global $sFile1Content, $sFile2Content

$sFile1Content = FileRead($sFile2)
If FileGetSize($sFile1) < FileGetSize($sFile2) Then
MsgBox(0, "Info", "File" & $sFile2)
EndIf
If FileGetSize($sFile1) = FileGetSize($sFile2) Then
MsgBox(0, "Info", "Zero File" )
Exit
EndIf

Hi John,

I got frustrated that I couldn't get past this. Anyway, when I add in... say the following:

Global $search = FileFindFirstFile("C:Data*.txt")
Global $result

; Check if the search was successful
If $search = -1 Then
MsgBox(0, "Error", "No files/directories matched the search pattern")
Exit
EndIf

While 1
Global $file = FileFindNextFile($search)
Global $sFile = FileOpen($file)
Global $chars = FileRead($file)
Global $result = StringInStr($chars, "NNNN", 1)

to input any text file that it inputs (with data) it screws up.

To backup a moment I'm "testing" any text input file being written to this folder. If it's a "zero" text file then ignore it and go to the next file. If it has text then I can act on it and proceed to my completed code.

(Hopefully this is more clear?). When I get frustrated I tend to ramble a bit.

Why not search the forum for Melba23's RecFileListToArray? All the hard work has pretty much been done for you.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Here's a start for you.

#include <File.au3>

Local Const $EMPTY_FILE = 0

$aFileList = _FileListToArray(@ScriptDir,"*.txt")

For $i = 1 To $aFileList[0]
    $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "" & $aFileList[$i]
    If FileGetSize($sFilePath) = $EMPTY_FILE Then
        ContinueLoop
    EndIf
    _FunctionToDoWhatever($sFilePath)
Next

Func _FunctionToDoWhatever($sPath)
    MsgBox(0,0,$sPath)
EndFunc
Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Thanks for the push. I looked at the RecFileListToArray suggested by guiness. thanks but its overkill I think.

Clearly by that comment you haven't tried it. Good luck!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

guinness,

I did look at RecFileListToArray and the example. I didn't see where it would provide a result that I was looking for. If you could provide guidance in what I'm trying to accomplish with that or another way, I would appreciate it. I guess I'm missing something.

thx

Here is an example...plus it's always best to show what you've tried to see if you've misunderstood the UDF.

#include <RecFileListToArray.au3> ; Read the header for details on how to use the UDF.

; Idea by JohnOne.

Local $aFileList = _RecFileListToArray(@ScriptDir, '*.txt', 1, 1, 0, 2)

$sFilePath = $aFileList[$i]
        ContinueLoop
    EndIf
    _FunctionToDoWhatever($sFilePath)
Next

Func _FunctionToProcessFile($sFilePath)
    Return MsgBox(0, 0, $sFilePath)
EndFunc ;==>_FunctionToProcessFile

Edit: Thanks BrewManNH for pointing out I was using @ScriptDir.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Ok guinness,

This is my latest iteration based on your example.

#include 
#include  ; Read the header for details on how to use the UDF.

; Idea by JohnOne.
Global $sPath1 = "C:Data"
Global $myfileread, $sFile1, $sFile2

Local $aFileList = _RecFileListToArray($sPath1, '*.txt', 1, 1, 0, 2)
Local $sFile2 = FileFindNextFile($search)

$sFilePath = $sPath1 & '' & $aFileList[$i]
ContinueLoop
EndIf
_Myfileread ($myfileread)
Next

Func _Myfileread ($myfileread)

$sFile1Content = FileRead($sFile2)
If FileGetSize($sFile2) = FileGetSize($sFile1) Then
MsgBox(0, "Info", "File" & $sFile2)
;~ EndIf
Else
;~ If FileGetSize($sFile1) FileGetSize($sFile2) Then
MsgBox(0, "Info", "Zero File" )
;~ Exit
EndIf
EndFunc

Please see the beginning Summary at the start of the thread for additional detail.

I'm just using msgbox for output to test if the code is correct. I'll then plug in the additional finished code after this to complete the operation.

Why the need for FileFindFirstFile? Also your second part look at StringInStr().

UDF List:

Ok, this is my completed code with your example modified in it. Still a work in progress but it more completed. I'm still passing the zero files yet. Perhaps a more discerning eye is needed.

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.8.1

Thanks to John One & Guinness
#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#include 
#include 

#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 

Global $rc, $chars, $file, $filename, $path
Global $sOutput, $Subject
; Idea by JohnOne.
Global $sPath1 = "C:Data"
Global $myfilemod, $sFile1, $sFile2, $file, $filename, $filename2, $path

ContinueLoop
EndIf
_Myfilemod ($myfilemod)
Next

Func _Myfilemod ($myfilemod)

;-Set Global Var 2--------------------------------------------------

Global $filename2 = FileFindNextFile($filename)
Global $file = FileOpen($path & $filename2)

;---Create copies and Change Cntrl Char------------------------------------------------
While 1
Local $chars = FileRead($file, -1)
If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
FileWrite("C:DataData Testtest2.txt", $chars)
Local $sOutput = FileRead($chars, -1)
Local $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($chars, "rsH", @CRLF)
FileWrite("C:DataData Testtest3.txt", $sOutput)
ExitLoop
;~ Exit
WEnd

EndFunc
;----------File Move--------------------------------------------------
FileMove("C:Data*.txt", "C:Data Test", 1)
;------------------------------------------------------------------------

;---Rem file Ext------------------------------------------------
$filename2 = StringTrimRight($filename2, 4)
;--------------------------------------------------------------
;=======================================================================================

Global $settings = "C:WindowsTest.ini"
Global $aResult, $sFQDN, $sSamAccountName
Global $DN, $Dname, $DomNm, $ipadd
Global $okbutton, $gui, $sPW, $passwd
Global $DomNm, $Acctname, $sFQDN, $sSamAccountName

$sSamAccountName = IniRead("C:WindowsTest.ini", "System Settings", "Account Name", "")
$ipadd = IniRead("C:WindowsTest.ini", "System Settings", "IP Address", "")
$DomNm = IniRead("C:WindowsTest.ini", "System Settings", "Domain Name", "")
$passwd = IniRead("C:WindowsTest.ini", "System Settings", "Password", "")
$emailAdd = ($sSamAccountName & "@" & $DomNm)

;========================================================================================

;----Message Components-------------------------------------------

$SmtpServer = $ipadd ; address for the smtp-server to use - REQUIRED
$FromName = $sSamAccountName ; name from who the email was sent
$FromAddress = "Local" ; address from where the mail should come
$ToAddress = $emailAdd ; destination address of the email - REQUIRED
$Subject = $VLFmsg & $filename2 ; subject from the email - can be anything you want it to be
$Body = $sOutput ; the messagebody from the mail - can be left blank but then you get a blank mail
$AttachFiles = "" ; the file you want to attach- leave blank if not needed
$CcAddress = "" ; address for cc - leave blank if not needed
$BccAddress = "" ; address for bcc - leave blank if not needed
$Importance = "" ; send message priority: "High", "Normal", "Low"
$Username = $sSamAccountName ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$Password = $passwd ; password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$IPPort = 25 ; port used for sending the mail
$ssl = 0 ; enables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS

;##################################
; Send Msg
;##################################

Global $oMyRet[2]
Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc")

_INetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject & "", $Body, $AttachFiles, $CcAddress, $BccAddress, $Importance, $Username, $Password, $IPPort, $ssl)
If @error Then
MsgBox(0, "Error sending message", "Error code:" & @error & " Description:" & $rc)
EndIf

Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "", $s_Importance = "Normal", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "", $IPPort = 25, $ssl = 0)
Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message")
$objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>'
$objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress
Local $i_Error = 0
Local $i_Error_desciption = ""
If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress
If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress
$objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject
If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then
$objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body
Else
$objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF
EndIf
If $s_AttachFiles <> "" Then
Local $S_Files2Attach = StringSplit($s_AttachFiles, ";")
For $x = 1 To $S_Files2Attach[0]
$S_Files2Attach[$x] = _PathFull($S_Files2Attach[$x])
ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(62) : $S_Files2Attach = ' & $S_Files2Attach & @LF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @LF) ;### Debug Console
If FileExists($s_AttachFiles) Then
$objEmail.AddAttachment($s_AttachFiles)
Else
ConsoleWrite('!> File not found to attach: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
SetError(1)
Return 0
EndIf

Next
EndIf
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer
If Number($IPPort) = 0 Then $IPPort = 25
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort
;SMTP Authentication
If $s_Username <> "" Then
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password
EndIf
If $ssl Then
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True
EndIf
;Update settings
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update
; Set email Importance
Switch $s_Importance
Case "High"
$objEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Impo rtance") = "High"
Case "Normal"
$objEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Impo rtance") = "Normal"
Case "Low"
$objEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Impo rtance") = "Low"
EndSwitch
; Send Message
$objEmail.Send
If @error Then
SetError(2)
Return $oMyRet[1]
EndIf
$objEmail = ""
EndFunc ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom
;

Exit

Ummm....no.

I worked on a version that used Water's Outlook UDF, but I had various lockdown's on Outlook that presented problems so I had to resort to looping this back through Prt 25. There are other supporting scripts but are not included in this. Just this one item that's holding me up. It would seem simple enough. It is a bit rough and will need some cleaning up, yes.

Edited by stealthmsgr

If you don't have any funky unicode characters in your filenames, you could always go the DOS route, which since it doesn't make repeated calls to FileGetSize() would be faster (much faster with a larger number of files):

#include <Array.au3> ; for testing
#include <Constants.au3>
Global $sDirectory = @WindowsDir, $sStdOut, $iIndex = 0, $iMinSize = 1

$PID = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c DIR "' & $sDirectory & '" /A-D /-C /O-S', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDOUT_CHILD)
While Not @error
    $sStdOut &= StdoutRead($PID)
WEnd
$aStdOut = StringSplit($sStdOut, @CRLF)
For $x = 1 To $aStdOut[0] ; pack and (partially) format array
    If StringMid($aStdOut[$x], 3, 1) = "/" Then
        $aStdOut[$x] = StringStripWS($aStdOut[$x], 7)
        $aStdOut[$x] = StringTrimLeft($aStdOut[$x], StringInStr($aStdOut[$x], " ", 2, 3))
        If $aStdOut[$x] < $iMinSize Then ExitLoop
        $iIndex += 1
        $aTemp = StringSplit($aStdOut[$x], " ")
        $aStdOut[$iIndex] = $aTemp[2]
    EndIf
Next
$aStdOut[0] = $iIndex
ReDim $aStdOut[$iIndex + 1]
_ArrayDisplay($aStdOut, "Files > " & $iMinSize - 1) ; for testing

Where my problem is is that all of the code produces the correct output, except for this first part. If there were no random zero content files I would be in the clean up phase. I need to simply ignore and not act on these random zero files. (Well... would seem simple!?!?)

ContinueLoop
EndIf
_Myfilemod ($myfilemod)
Next

Func _Myfilemod ($myfilemod)

I see Spiff59, thanks for the tip, I'll look into that.