Update the Excel UDF that comes with AutoIt

water

​Is this a different function? _ESxcel-BookOpen

No, it is a typo :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

If FileExists can't find the file

​I tested this with the UNC, for the file in question with FileExist, and it does find the file, but I am still getting the error 3 extended -2147352567. Any idea why I am unable to load the file with _Excel_BookOpen?

EDIT

I am also able to find it with InetGetSize

Edited by nitekram
added InetGetSize

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Looks like Excel has a problem with the path you specified.
Can you please add the following lines at hte top of your script so we get better error information?

#include <Debug.au3>
_DebugSetup()
_DebugCOMError()

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@@ DEBUG COM Error encountered in SCRIPT.EXE (-1) :
    Number          = 0x80020009 (-2147352567)
    WinDescription  = Exception occurred.
    Description     = Microsoft Excel cannot access the file 'UNC path is correct'. There are several possible reasons:

• The file name or path does not exist.
• The file is being used by another program.
• The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook.
    Source          = Microsoft Excel
    HelpFile        = xlmain11.chm
    HelpContext     = 0
    LastDllError    = 0
    Retcode         = 0x800A03EC

This is my call that is getting the error:

Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, $sWorkbook, True, False)

Edited by nitekram
added some code

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Looks like you are out of look accessing the Excel file the way you try to do.

When you search the forum for "Excel Sharepoint" you will find some threads and - maybe - a solution.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Okay, I looked prior to posting here, and really could not find anything that would help.

But I think I found a work around. Since I was able to see that the file did exist with the UNC, I just did a FileCopy to a temp directory locally, and then read the file with the Excel UDF from that location - though it seems that it should work the other way - I guess it is an issue with SharePoint.

Good think I only want to read the file and not actually update the file, as I do not believe the same would be true, to FileCopy it to the sharepoint location. I do not want to test that, as the sharepoint server is live, but if anyone else could do it in a test environment, and could post the results, that would be great.

One more idea. Do you think it has to do with permissions via the Excel UDF when trying to access a file on sharepoint - just a thought?

Edited by nitekram
spelling

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I do not think it is a permission issue. The UDF uses COM to access Excel and workbooks - so it might be a problem with Excels COM interface.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Looks like Excel has some methods to work with workbooks on servers.
Check CanCheckIn, CheckIn, CheckInWithVersion, LockServerFile, ServerPolicy for the Workbook object plus
CanCheckOut and CheckOut for the Workbooks object.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Something like this should give you an idea how it works:

Private Sub testthis()
    ' Attempt to open a sharepoint file
    Dim oWB As Workbook, MyPath As String
    MyPath = "https://sharepoint.domain.com/folder1/folder2/folder%20number%20three/filename.xlsx"  ' Obviously this is just a sample path. My code has the proper path & filename
    If Workbooks.CanCheckOut(MyPath) = True Then
        MsgBox ("File on Sharepoint CAN be checked out.")
        Workbooks.CheckOut MyPath
        Set oWB = Workbooks.Open(MyPath)

Else
        MsgBox ("File on Sharepoint can NOT be checked out." + Chr(13) + _
                "Make sure no one else is working in the file." + Chr(13) + _
                "Including yourself.")
        Exit Sub
    End If
    MsgBox (oWB.Worksheets("Specs-Undated-Small-Low%").UsedRange.Rows.Count)
    oWB.CheckIn (False)
    Set oWB = Nothing
End Sub

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?728921-EXCEL2010-VBA-opening-another-Excel-file-from-a-sharepoint-site

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks, I will look into that and if I have any luck, I will report my findings.

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Thanks - I'm sure this will come in handy for future reference :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

By the way, not sure if it was missed or if it is because of the update to the forum, but the only links you have is for CanCheckIn and the CheckOut the other ones look like links but are not hyperlinks

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I tried the following - can you make sure it looks good. But it does come back as FALSE - I have tried it both on sharepoint and local, both have the same results

If $oAppl.CanCheckOut($sTempFileLocation) Then
                MsgBox('', '', 'true can check out')
            Else
                MsgBox('', '', 'Fales')
            EndIf

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

You need to use the Workbooks object, so it should look like:

If $oAppl.Workbooks.CanCheckOut($sTempFileLocation) Then
    MsgBox('', '', 'true can check out')
Else
    MsgBox('', '', 'Fales')
EndIf

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

By the way, not sure if it was missed or if it is because of the update to the forum, but the only links you have is for CanCheckIn and the CheckOut the other ones look like links but are not hyperlinks

​In first place I posted this in the wrong forum:

Maybe just a copy & paste problem. All this methods can be foun in the Workboosk and Workbook objects:

Workbooks Object
Workbook Object

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Okay. Well found something strange. After I made your change, I was able to get true (meaning the method said I could check it out), so I did a checkout to see if that would make a difference, but now I am unable to get it so say true again, and not sure how to check it in again lol.
I even went to the sharepoint server and tried to check it out there, and checked it back in, but still not able to check if I can check it out. It has been a long night - I will try again tonight when I am working.

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

This line from the VB example I posted above checks the Excel workbook in and drops all changes made to the workbook.

oWB.CheckIn (False)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I used $oAppl.Workbooks.CheckIn(False) - going off your other example.

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

To Checkout a workbook you need to use the Workbooks object. To CheckIn again you need to use the Workbook object as returned by _Excel_BookOpen.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki