Advanced TreeGUI/Script Editor?

Hyflex

Hey Guys, I'm looking for some help making a pretty advanced javascript editor but i'm unsure how to create it...

Example Javascript File:

C.QL = ["test"];

S.WG = true;
S.OT = true;
C.OT.WFK = true;
C.OT.WT = 15;
S.SB = false;
C.SB.SNPC = "name";
C.SB.SID = [55, 39, 98];

C.H = 90;
C.MW = false;

C.I[0] = [1,1,1,1,1];
C.I[1] = [1,0,0,0,1];

C.PF.push("test.txt");
C.GI.push(400);
C.R.push(R.R,600);
C.KR.push("[test] == 1");

Using the example above, I'd like to be able to auto-populate a GUI with all of the above but with it able to work out the masters and children in the tree and also allow editing so true/false would be done by radiobox/checkbox, everything else will be input boxes...

How is this achievable?

What you need to do is write a Parser and Lexer to interpret the Javascript code, derive meaning, and populate gui elements. This is no means a simple task; this topic is normally third year computer science at university. If your still interested, google a bit about both those two topics.

If you do decide to continue with this project in this fashion, be advised that writing a complete lexer/parser will take several months for a language as complex as Javascript.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

You don't even think there is an easy way to auto populate a tree based on common strings and based of the end of the string ie: true/false | [] | = number | = "" it to enable/disable different parts of the gui.

Have a simple GUI what consists of two radio buttons and an input box.

Even if it's not autopopulated I can type them all into a ini file and have an open button to open the ini file.

Edited by Hyflex

You Probably could do it that way. But, something like that can never guarantee that it will work in all cases, and there are serious limitations with that approach. Try it, by all means.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search