Installation

coolooc

Hi,

I am a new user in the GUI automation tests.

1.Is there is any tutorial for installing the tool? I need the whole package.

2.I tried to Install the AutoIt tool in windows 7 62bit by using the default option (X86). Is it OK?

3.After installing it, i opened the sciTE script editor, and checked under "tools" in the menu if there is "Record" and didn't find it there. I tried also to save the file first, and still didn't find it.

How can i record the scenario i want to?

Thanks

I Installed the SciTE4AutoIt3 and indeed there AU3Recorder in the Tools,

but after pressing it I get an error message: "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fox this problem.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it didn't help.

Then it's not a problem comming from the setup, just google on the missing dll, download it or find the package needed for that dll.

Br, Firefox.

#region ---Au3Recorder generated code Start (v3.3.7.0) ---

#region --- Internal functions Au3Recorder Start ---

Func _Au3RecordSetup()

Opt('WinWaitDelay',100)

Opt('WinDetectHiddenText',1)

Opt('MouseCoordMode',0)

EndFunc

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)

WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)

If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)

WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)

EndFunc

AU3RecordSetup()

#endregion --- Internal functions Au3Recorder End ---

_WinWaitActivate("C:UsersshanyDesktopaaa.au3 * SciTE","")

Send("{LWINDOWN}{LWINUP}")

_WinWaitActivate("Start menu","")

Send("notepad{ENTER}")

#endregion --- Au3Recorder generated code End ---

There's a bug in the latest Au3Record where it drops the leading underscore from the function call to _AU3RecordSetup, you just have to add it back in manually.

EDIT: BTW, all of the issues that you're asking about here have been asked and answered at least a dozen times, use the forum search the next time before posting, you'll probably find you won't need to ask the question because it's been answered already.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator