Many Options - Best Starting Point? Image w/Noise Comparisons

JacobA

I am wanting to compare a database of recorded "perfect" (digital) images, with images that will be taken of the same objects with a camera - and finding the one that matches the photographed image in the DB. Consequently, there will be noise (and maybe not even the same exact size), although the objects being imaged themselves will be the same (e.g. blue in the perfect digitally made images in the database, won't necessarily be the same blue in the photograph due to many forcings such as abient light, glare etc.). The images will be under 400 pixels in their largest dimension.

After some research I realized there are lots of Autoit3 solutions for image comparison, but I am needing a suggestion of which to try first given my needs in an attempt to at least save some time. It is already a daunting project. I noticed that the two best solutions seem to be methods with Prospeed and imagemagik. Looking at the imagemagik option, I like how it has a quantification of the differences between images. I can picture coming up with an algorithm that would simply quicksearch through the "perfect" image database, acquiring levels of variance between the images in the DB and the one taken with the camera, and choosing the one that matches best. Unfortunately, I can also picture this taking AGES. I would like to try and keep the iteration time under a second if possible for each photograph. Prospeed apparently does comparisons really quickly (I noticed a quote on the forum of a 600x800 image comparison under 2 ms). And it accepts a parameter of tolerance which is something I would clearly need - however, I am unsure however of what "tolerance" actually means in this case and have been unable to find anything in searching. Does this mean tolerance from one pixel to another, or tolerance of a color-range within a specific pixel, or both. Obviously I would want the later as every color, although within a specific color range, won't be exact given one is from a digital image (scan) and another is from an external camera. I also cannot find a working download of the most recent .dll for prospeed as all of the links were switched to a different domain.

Any conversation/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Enjoy making solutions for points-2-shop