Check if state is password box?

wezio

Hello, my first post here so be gentle.

I wonder if there is a way to check if the focused window has a password box (box that doesn't display what you type), if so, how to check if keys are pressed inside that password box?

Thanks in advance.

Wezio.

I'm trying to make a function like the one in most internet browsers, saving passwords on the computer for different accounts (not only browsers, but like games and skype-login screens, etc.)

For that you will need the password...

Br, FireFox.

I'm going to suggest several things:

1. Firefox and IE has built in functionality to store passwords.

2. There are add ons for Firefox to manage passwords.

3. there is stuff available for IE too.

4. An addon called Web Developer used in Firefox will show you what is entered in a password field as well as many other things when it comes to a webpage.

5. If your intent is to make an application to do this then most if not all people here will not help you. Feel free to read the forum rules and also - Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

The question is grey... and the target is very dark...

If you said 'how can I target the password field' as opposed to 'how can I discover if there IS a password field', it would sound legit. However, the fact that you want to find out if the active screen has a password field sounds like you're trying to hack accounts.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”