How to force a Blue Screen Of Death

Rex

Hi.

Can any one tell me how to force a blue screen of death, with AutoIT.

My first option was to simpel do a screenshot of a BSOD and then when needed do a full size Pic gui. but that idea was quikly abandoned corse of my system lang.

So then i did try to do a force some memory over load thin, that did't work :whistle:

now mater what i tryed to do, i couldent get a BSOD, normaly that would be a good sign but this time it was what i was looking for...

Can any of u, help me.

/Rex

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

Can any one tell me how to force a blue screen of death, with AutoIT.

My first option was to simpel do a screenshot of a BSOD and then when needed do a full size Pic gui. but that idea was quikly abandoned corse of my system lang.

check out this BSOD screen saver.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/BlueScreen.html

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

check out this BSOD screen saver.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/BlueScreen.html

Cheers

Kurt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice scr. but not what im looking for :dance:

As my cousin sayed when i asked him the same Q.

Why in the world do you want to do a BSOD, when we normaly ar wery happy when we never se one. So then i tols him that - i was trying to do a plugin for bartPE (Winpe) that could make the disk useles when a spec. date was reached

Just like the ExpireDate that John925 did longtime ago (last year), It's the same thing that i'm trying to do, just with a big twist. :whistle:

Ofcorse i will build in some safty thing so that it could never be runed on a normal system, only to be runed form within WinPE.

/Rex

never se one. So then i tols him that - i was trying to do a plugin for bartPE (Winpe) that could make the disk useles when a spec. date was reached

Just like the ExpireDate that John925 did longtime ago (last year), It's the same thing that i'm trying to do, just with a big twist.  :whistle:

Ofcorse i will build in some safty thing so that it could never be runed on a normal system, only to be runed form within WinPE.

O.K. for that purpose it's much easier to get the shutdown tool from the Win2K resource kit and do a reboot or shutdown if your CD has "expired". There is really no need for a BSOD. google for: windows 2000 resource kit shutdown.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

O.K. for that purpose it's much easier to get the shutdown tool from the Win2K resource kit and do a reboot or shutdown if your CD has "expired". There is really no need for a BSOD. google for: windows 2000 resource kit shutdown.

Cheers

Kurt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If i "only" do a shutdown, the cd dont looks "damaged"/ "unuseble".

but if the if every time the cd boots i gives a BSOD, then there is a bigger chance that the user throws away the disk, then if it "only" doing a shutdown.

Eg. if i got a PE cd, that did a shutdown every time i started, i woud search for some kind of shutdown tool inside the cd, that i would not do if it was a BSOD corse then i would think that the disk was dammaged some how.

My Cousin sayed somthing about writing to a non existing arrayer or calling som evxd/sys files that did't exist, but i don't quit understand wath he meens, and defently not sure how to do it with AutoIT

/Rex

If i "only" do a shutdown, the cd dont looks "damaged"/ "unuseble".

but if the if every time the cd boots i gives a BSOD, then there is a bigger chance that the user throws away the disk, then if it "only" doing a shutdown.

Eg. if i got a PE cd, that did a shutdown every time i started, i woud search for some kind of shutdown tool inside the cd, that i would not do if it was a BSOD corse then i would  think that the disk was dammaged some how.

Oh come on, that kind of "license enforcement" is lame. If I got a PE cd that worked for the last 2 weeks and suddenly throws a BSOD I would for sure try to figure what's going on, especially as the content of the CD cannot change!!!

Cheers

Kurt

Oh come on, that kind of "license enforcement" is lame. If I got a PE cd that worked for the last 2 weeks and suddenly throws a BSOD I would for sure try to figure what's going on, especially as the content of the CD cannot change!!!

Cheers

Kurt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm i never thourght about it that way, maby your ½ right - but what if now you could do some thing like "Bad Media" or "Media Read Error" thing, that might work

/Rex

Hmm i never thourght about it that way, maby your ½ right - but what if now you could do some thing like "Bad Media" or "Media Read Error" thing, that might work

to be realistic, you cannot load the windows dekstop if the cd has expired. This means you must build a wrapper for the windows file explorer (which creates the desktop), that checks the date, shows a "mediad error" and halts the machine. Otherwise it starts the real explorer. Well, I guess this can be done with AutoIT, but it's for sure not easy.

Cheers

Kurt

to be realistic, you cannot load the windows dekstop if the cd has expired. This means you must build a wrapper for the windows file explorer (which creates the desktop), that checks the date, shows a "mediad error" and halts the machine. Otherwise it starts the real explorer. Well, I guess this can be done with AutoIT, but it's for sure not easy.

Cheers

Kurt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm using Sherpya's XPE (http://oss.netfarm.it/winpe/) as loader, and with that i can run programs before explorer startsup, so if i did know how to do write it in AutoIT it might work.

/Rex

Ps. Hmm the forum send me a mail saying that Saunders has posted in this tropic. but i can't see any msg from him ?? thats odd

I'm using Sherpya's XPE (http://oss.netfarm.it/winpe/) as loader, and with that i can run programs before explorer startsup, so if i did know how to do write it in AutoIT it might work.

good luck!

Ps. Hmm the forum send me a mail saying that Saunders has posted in this tropic. but i can't see any msg from him ?? thats odd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He might have deleted his post.

Cheers

Kurt

Yeah, I had the window open for a while, made a reply, then realized you guys had said like 3 more things and my reply didn't apply anymore, so I deleted it. And now look you got me replying again just to explain it. :whistle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL :dance:

You can simulate a BSOD for demand as per Microsoft's instructions here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=244139

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool :whistle: M$ createde a way to do a BSOD on purpose LOL

That could work, but i abandoned the BSOD after /Dev/Null's post about if he had a disk that worked ..........

Unless ther alsow exist a BSOD for bad medias, course i think that's the way i should go, that way there's a bigger chance that the user bilives that the disk is dammaged.

Any sug. in that direction ?

This doesn't really help but I have a major issue with the idea of throwing a 'bad media' error if that's not really the case. I would recommend that you throw a message explaining that the disc is out of date and therefore unusable. You could outline some bad (possibly exaggeratedly so) consequences of attempting to continue. I would do something like a BlockInput() before showing the MsgBox().

If I were to get a 'bad media' error I would probably scan the disc on another computer, find that there's nothing wrong with it, worry that the disc drive itself is becoming faulty, take it out, clean it, still get an error, scratch my head for half an hour and then finally curse my head off at the author of the disc for sending me on an unnecessary runaround. :whistle:

Edited by LxP

Could you have BartPE call CDTray("X:", "open") upon startup if past expiration date?

In my experience, BartPE locks up whenever I eject the disc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was an :whistle: throw tha user a msg that the media is bad and then do a cdtray out. That might do the job...

This doesn't really help but I have a major issue with the idea of throwing a 'bad media' error if that's not really the case. I would recommend that you throw a message explaining that the disc is out of date and therefore unusable. You could outline some bad (possibly exaggeratedly so) consequences of attempting to continue. I would do something like a BlockInput() before showing the MsgBox().

If I were to get a 'bad media' error I would probably scan the disc on another computer, find that there's nothing wrong with it, worry that the disc drive itself is becoming faulty, take it out, clean it, still get an error, scratch my head for half an hour and then finally curse my head off at the author of the disc for sending me on an unnecessary runaround. :whistle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The cd would be unusable on all drives, if past date. But ofcorse if you "just" do a scan of the media it will show no error, only if you try to boot winpe from it.