security and password handling

ss3vegeta

here's the time/speed list: http://www.lockdown.co.uk/?pg=combi

Tested on a Pentium 100... Little outdated I'd say...

Also, RC5-64 is an crypto algorithm and not some bad-ass password-cracking super-computer...

Your 8 character password represents a NIST bit entropy of about 24 bits, so that's 2^24 = 16777216 or password cracked in about 4.5 hours at 1000 guesses per second. On an average modern home computer.

edit: They named the computer after the algo, I missed that. But the F category wasn't talking about this specific computer but supercomputers in general. And my point still stands. That data is from last century.

Edited by dany

[center]Spiderskank Spiderskank[/center]GetOpt Parse command line options UDF | AU3Text Program internationalization UDF | Identicon visual hash UDF

Tested on a Pentium 100... Little outdated I'd say...

Also, RC5-64 is an crypto algorithm and not some bad-ass password-cracking super-computer...

Your 8 character password represents a NIST bit entropy of about 24 bits, so that's 2^24 = 16777216 or password cracked in about 4.5 hours at 1000 guesses per second. On an average modern home computer.

edit: They named the computer after the algo, I missed that. But the F category wasn't talking about this specific computer but supercomputers in general. And my point still stands. That data is from last century.

I'm using AES256 (and that password is an example of course xD)

but actualy is really easy to crack password with those i7 oc at 4.2Ghz

Heroes, there is no such thing

One day I'll discover what IE.au3 has of special for so many users using it.
C'mon there'sĀ InetReadĀ and WinHTTP, way better
happy.png