Sorting 2D arrays by values of two columns

Mechaflash

Has someone created a snippet or UDF to Sort a 2D array by values of two columns?

For example, array looks like this.

[10, 10]

[20, 10]

[10, 0]

[20, 0]

I want to sort by column one AND THEN by column two so it looks like

[10, 0]

[10, 10]

[20, 0]

[20, 10]

Using the _ArraySort() only allows you to sort by a single column, so the data would come out like

[10, 10]

[10, 0]

[20, 10]

[20, 0]

If no one has a UDF/snippet already made, I'll create one, but just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time if it's already out there.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

I haven't tried it. but you probably could sort the first column. Then examine the array to find the start and end of each series in the first column assign it to start and end. specify the second column with its start and end.

#Include <Array.au3>

_ArraySort(ByRef $avArray[, $iDescending = 0 [, $iStart = 0 [, $iEnd = 0 [, $iSubItem = 0]]]])

<------------ Dummy

I haven't tried it. but you probably could sort the first column. Then examine the array to find the start and end of each series in the first column assign it to start and end. specify the second column with its start and end.

I didn't even think about that... XD

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

• 1 month later...

Or this...

Global $sorted = 0, $tmp
_ArraySort($aArray, 0, 1, 0, 0) ; sort on column 0
While $sorted = 0 ; sub-sort on column 1
    $sorted = 1
    For $x = 1 to $aArray[0][0] -1
        If  $aArray[$x][0] = $aArray[$x + 1][0] _
        And $aArray[$x][1] > $aArray[$x + 1][1] Then
           $tmp = $aArray[$x + 1][1]
           $aArray[$x + 1][1] = $aArray[$x][1]
           $aArray[$x][1] = $tmp
           $sorted = 0
       EndIf
    Next
WEnd

you'd need to make a minor mod or two for a 0-based array and flip the ">" to a "<" were you sorting descending