New to new editor

AutoitMike

Been using Autoit 3 on my XP laptop for over a year, wrote some extensive programs. I been doing OCR and SQL to name a couple of things.

Now I have moved to a new laptop running 64 bit Windows 7 and just installed Autoit 3.

The editor is newer than what I am used to using on one issue:

If I create (By accident) a syntax error or some other error, I see a red message bar and a gold star next to the line number.

When I correct the error, , star and error bar is still there and I cant figure out how to make it go away with out running the script. Some of my scripts have to be compiled, my application shells to run a exe.

(I know there is a way to run / shell to the script engine, however, I prefer to make an exe, its cleaner).

Any help greatly appreciated

• Moderators

To clear the console messages, Shift+F5

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

Sorry, didn't read your initial post close enough. Once you resolve the error, you should be able to do a CTRL+F5 to run the Syntax check. As long as you don't still have an error, the gold star and red line should disappear.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!