Can autoit not read 3gb gpu ram?

wazer

Does any have some code to detect more than 1-2gb ram on gpu?

So far no luck for me

$colItemsGFXram = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_VideoController", "WQL", 0x10 + 0x20)
If IsObj($colItemsGFXram) Then
        For $oItem In $colItemsGFXram
            $sGfxname = $oItem.Name

$sGfxram = $oItem.AdapterRAM
            $sGfxram /= 1024 ^3 ; = GB
            $gfxram = StringReplace($sGfxram, "-", "")

Check this:

; Generated by AutoIt Scriptomatic

$wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10
$wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20
$colItems = ""
$strComputer = "localhost"

$Output=""
$Output = $Output & "Computer: " & $strComputer  & @CRLF
$Output = $Output & "==========================================" & @CRLF
$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\CIMV2")
$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_VideoController", "WQL", _
                                          $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

If IsObj($colItems) then

$Output = $Output & "AdapterRAM: " & $objItem.AdapterRAM/1024/1024 & @CRLF

if Msgbox(1,"WMI Output",$Output) = 2 then ExitLoop
      $Output=""
   Next
Else
   Msgbox(0,"WMI Output","No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_VideoController" )
Endif

Func WMIDateStringToDate($dtmDate)

Return (StringMid($dtmDate, 5, 2) & "/" & _
StringMid($dtmDate, 7, 2) & "/" & StringLeft($dtmDate, 4) _
& " " & StringMid($dtmDate, 9, 2) & ":" & StringMid($dtmDate, 11, 2) & ":" & StringMid($dtmDate,13, 2))
EndFunc
Edited by MKISH

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

Check this:

; Generated by AutoIt Scriptomatic

$wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10
$wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20
$colItems = ""
$strComputer = "localhost"

$Output=""
$Output = $Output & "Computer: " & $strComputer & @CRLF
$Output = $Output & "==========================================" & @CRLF
$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:" & $strComputer & "rootCIMV2")
$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_VideoController", "WQL", _
$wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

If IsObj($colItems) then

$Output = $Output & "AdapterRAM: " & $objItem.AdapterRAM/1024/1024 & @CRLF

if Msgbox(1,"WMI Output",$Output) = 2 then ExitLoop
$Output=""
Next
Else
Msgbox(0,"WMI Output","No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_VideoController" )
Endif

Func WMIDateStringToDate($dtmDate)

Return (StringMid($dtmDate, 5, 2) & "/" & _
StringMid($dtmDate, 7, 2) & "/" & StringLeft($dtmDate, 4) _
& " " & StringMid($dtmDate, 9, 2) & ":" & StringMid($dtmDate, 11, 2) & ":" & StringMid($dtmDate,13, 2))
EndFunc

Hi thanks for reply but your code only shows 1073741824 and if you convert that it aint 3gb

:robot: Maybe that's a hardware issue or perhaps you use a 32-Bit OS...

Tested en several different machines and all are 64bit os.

edit:

And yes code is running as 64bit aswell ;)

Infact theres alot of different system info scripts in here that does exactly the same, they cannot validate more than 1gb or so, i have tested alot of them.

Currently i have this gfx: AMD 7970 3 GB

Have tested nvidia kepler 670, 680, 690 all with more than 2 or even 4 gb still the same result.

Edited by wazer

See if there's a VBScript that can find it, if it can't be found using VBS then it's probably not an AutoIt problem.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

See if there's a VBScript that can find it, if it can't be found using VBS then it's probably not an AutoIt problem.

Here's a vbs script does the same gives info in minus -1024 funny thing is tho apps like gpu-z works fine.

Posted Image

Yeah because i run the vbs script and gives output to cmd prompt, then suddenly its not a vbs script anymore?

When what you posted was a screenshot of a command console, with no hint of the actual script, then he's got a point, it's not a vbscript, it's the output of a vbscript.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Try it without trying to divide it by 1024 and then dividing it again by 1024, perhaps there's an issue with the math.

Sounds like an issue with the computer(s) it's running on.

Sounds like an issue with the computer(s) it's running on.

So 2 different friends including 3 machines in this home have this problem?, it has even been tested with other gfx same problems as soon its higher than 2gb.

Edited by wazer

It's not an AutoIt problem, because you get the same results with vbscript. Seems like it's something to do with the WMI call to read the memory size, which is a Windows issue, not an AutoIt one.