Clean up shop for all users on a PC

Celeri

I dont think i need this, I use my cleaner.bat  :dance:

I think this is more simple.

Sorry for german text, I think you know what it is doing.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the Idea :D

And interesting BatchFile too!

This being said my program does something a batch file can never do.

What happens if you're working on a computer with more than one user? Well your batch file cleans up the current account (by way of %UserProfile%) but all the rest is still there.

Furthermore, if your batchfile hits a file presently in use by the computer, it stops deleting. The first versions of my program didn't take that into account and I would still have megs after megs of scrap on my harddrives.

Finally AutoIt enables my program to be "smart"; it scans all hard drives searching for useless files. For a batch file to do this, you would need to make a version for each single letter of the alphabet :D

Mind you a batch file like yours is perfect for a computer with a single user. It misses a few (really unimportant) spots but it's otherwise excellent :dance:

Oh there's another reason for doing it in AutoIT3 ... Because it's a lot of fun! :whistle:

I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic circuit using stone knives and bearskins.SpockMy UDFs:Deleted - they were old and I'm lazy ... :)My utilities:Comment stripperPolicy lister 1.07AutoIT Speed Tester (new!)

:whistle: Maybe you can add how many files the script deleted and how many kb...

and delete also the bak,old,tmp etc files like valuater in his xpclean.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've taught about that ... my only problem is that AutoIT does get slower when you add stuff all over the place. Me being a speed freak ... http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14936

Mind you it shouldn't be a big problem of putting these stats in ... if I ever get a chance to do it, you can be sure I will post it here. If you want to try it out yourself, feel free also :dance: (I've put my script here so that people could contribute if they wanted)

I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic circuit using stone knives and bearskins.SpockMy UDFs:Deleted - they were old and I'm lazy ... :)My utilities:Comment stripperPolicy lister 1.07AutoIT Speed Tester (new!)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?sho...3&hl=delete_gui

hm sounds allot like my delete gui but mine seems to be working on everything. It also does a few other little things.

I'm working on an updated version that will be able to use plugin definition files so that anybody can write their own plugins for it. I went this way so that it could be used as a mini spyware/virus/system cleaner for things that are known to be bad.

If they ever add the md5 stuff autoit then I can start using definition files to check for files also but I don't really think i want to take it this way as it would drastically slow down scanning time.