trying to avoid long code

gcue

hello world.

so im trying to build something that searches a SQLite database. there are multiple search fields and i'd like to support the sql wild card "%"

the method im using is making this very very long - probably can be done much shorter/efficient

if $field1 <> "" and $field2 = "" and $field3 = "" and $field4 = "" then
     _SQLite_QuerySingleRow(-1, "SELECT field2,field3,field4 WHERE field1='" & $field1_input & "'", $aRow)
endif

that in itself will take several lines considering all the combinations and even more so when I consider the wildcards which changes the conditions AND sqlquery also (LIKE "%field_input")

there's gotta be an efficient way to do this...

thanks in advance

Edited by gcue

it would look like this:

;first field is selected in all scenarios
if $field1 <> "" and $field2 = "" and $field3 = "" and $field4 = "" and $field5 = "" then
     _SQLite_QuerySingleRow(-1, "SELECT field2,field3,field4 WHERE field1='" & $field1_input & "'", $aRow)
endif

if $field1 <> "" and $field2 <> "" and $field3 = "" and $field4 = "" and $field5 = "" then
endif

if $field1 <> "" and $field2 <> "" and $field3 <> "" and $field4 = "" and $field5 = "" then
 endif

if $field1 <> "" and $field2 <> "" and $field3 <> "" and $field4 <> "" and $field5 <> "" then
 endif

;first field is not selected in all scenarios
 if $field1 = "" and $field2 <> "" and $field3 = "" and $field4 = "" and $field5 = "" then
 endif

if $field1 = "" and $field2 <> "" and $field3 <> "" and $field4 = "" and $field5 = "" then
 endif

if $field1 = "" and $field2 <> "" and $field3 <> "" and $field4 <> "" and $field5 = "" then
 endif

if $field1 = "" and $field2 <> "" and $field3 <> "" and $field4 <> "" and $field5 <> "" then
 endif

after all those are done - i have to consider the wild card scenarios

if $field1 <> "" and StringInStr($field2, "%") <> 0 and $field3 = "" and $field4 = "" and $field5 = "" then
 endif

if $field1 <> "" and StringInStr($field2, "%") <> 0 and StringInStr($field3, "%") <> 0 and $field4 = "" and $field5 = "" then
 endif

sooo many possibilities - hard to even make sure i get them all

I would load the command into strings

sort of like the following (psuedocode)

Also I would use normal queries, and use limits that return a single row, rather than using the QuerySingleRow function .

$cmd="Select "
for $i=0 to $fieldcount
if field [$i]<>"" then
$sCMD&="field,"&$i
endif
next

$cmd= " where "

for $i=0 to $fieldcount
if field [$i]<>"" then
_convertwilcard($field[$i])
if $i>1 then
$sCMD&=" and "
$sCMD&="field,"&$i&" like "'&$field[$i]'"
endif
next
$sCMD&=";"

consolewrite($sCMD&@lf)
_SQLite_QuerySingleRow(-1, $sCMD, $aRow)

func _convertwildcard(byref $sString)
$sString=stringreplace($sString,"*","%")
endfunc
Edited by DicatoroftheUSA

why not create an 2d array, and then just loop through it...then you can conditionally look through for any number of fields, and setup the different queries much more easily...something like [[columnname,value],[etc,etc]]

maybe even add in a 3rd property to reduce the logic you need...such as [[columnname,operatortype,value],[etc,etc,etc]] where operatortype is [like|in|=]

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

why not create an 2d array, and then just loop through it...then you can conditionally look through for any number of fields, and setup the different queries much more easily...something like [[columnname,value],[etc,etc]]

maybe even add in a 3rd property to reduce the logic you need...such as [[columnname,operatortype,value],[etc,etc,etc]] where operatortype is [like|in|=]

Sqlite, can be persistent without using excessive memory, and faster with large data-sets. It depends on what he is trying to accomplish.

@OffTopic, did you see my post in your SchTasks thread?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

i am having trouble matching up the query results to the corresponding fields

any ideas?

Local $fields[5][3]

$fields[0][0] = "field1"
        $fields[0][1] = $field1
        $fields[0][2] = ""

$fields[1][0] = "field2"
        $fields[1][1] = $field2
        $fields[1][2] = ""

$fields[2][0] = "field3"
        $fields[2][1] = ""
        $fields[2][2] = "NOT_DEFINED"

$fields[3][0] = "field4"
        $fields[3][1] = $field4
        $fields[3][2] = ""

$fields[4][0] = "field5"
        $fields[4][1] = ""
        $fields[4][2] = "NOT_DEFINED"

$query = "Select "

For $i = 0 To UBound($fields) - 1
            If $fields[$i][1] <> "" And $fields[$i][1] <> "%" And $fields[$i][2] <> "NOT_DEFINED" Then
                $fields[$i][2] = "DEFINED"
            Else
                $fields[$i][2] = "NOT_DEFINED"
                $query &= $fields[$i][0] & ","
            EndIf
        Next

$query = StringTrimRight($query, 1)

$query &= " FROM aTable WHERE "

For $i = 0 To UBound($fields) - 1
            If $fields[$i][2] = "DEFINED" Then
                If StringInStr($fields[$i][1], "%") <> 0 Then
                    $query &= $fields[$i][0] & " LIKE '" & $fields[$i][1] & "' AND "
                Else
                    $query &= $fields[$i][0] & "='" & $fields[$i][1] & "' AND "
                EndIf
            EndIf
        Next

$query = StringTrimRight($query, 5)

_SQLite_Query(-1, $query, $hQuery)
            While _SQLite_FetchData($hQuery, $aRow) = $SQLITE_OK
;??????????
            WEnd

EndIf

I don't understand what you are asking for