question

Guest chi77

Guest chi77

hi all

i have a little question for the pro´s out there .... is it possible to open an exefile as childwindow from a guiwindow? right now i´m working on a toolbar for my 3d-demo(exe). it cotrols some triggers in this demo. now it would be fine if i could lock the demowindow to the toolbar so i can move both windows and the other is still locked to the moved one... and the ability to minimize/maximize close

... is this doable? im new with autoit (3days) and couldnt find something usefull in the helpfile.

thx for help and sorry for my bad english... cheers, chi

instead of attempting open as child window you might think of docking it to the main script windows for example:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13884

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Guest chi77

thx gafrost ... exactly i was looking 4!!!

i removed the part with $GUI2= to run ("mydemo.exe") and it really works. the only two problems i have ... i can only dock left or top (didnt find the way to change the gui1 to the bottom of mydemo from the beginning) and when i exit mydemo.exe the gui1 is still running and docks on every active window... but thats only a question of time, lol

nice and fast forum here :whistle:, cheers chi