Terminate or Stop AutoIT Script

madhukar

I am trying to terminate or stop auto IT script with ESC key when on Citirx desktop. I run my tool from my regular desktop and then the tool goes to Citrix desktop to perform some functions.

I am using

HotKeySet("{ESC}","Quit")

Func Quit()

MsgBox(0,"Stop","You have requested to abort the tool")

_ExcelBookClose($oExcel,0)

_ExcelBookClose($nExcel,0)

Exit

EndFunc

The above script works fine when I am on regular desktop but when control goes to Citrix desktop it doesn't respond to Esc Key Any help!

Hi,

I don't know Citrix, but have you tried to send the ESC key manually? does it work? I'm sure you need to click on the window before sending your keys.

Check if there is a hotkey to focus that window (then you will be able to send the ESC key).

Edit : typo.

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

I think when you are on the Citrix desktop all your keyboard presses goes to the citrix and so the cript doesnt terminate.

You will need to minimize citrix or unfocus it and then press ESC to terminate the script.

That's exactly what it is, I work with virtual servers and Citrix works the same. Windows won't register keyboard presses while that's on top. You'll have to google if there's a way to not capture certain keys, such as how some virtual machines won't capture key combos such as 'ctrl-alt-del'. It may be configurable or may not. I am not super familiar with citrix.