create email in OUTLOOK

sbrady

When you use colyn's or my solution you won't see Outlook pop up. It's all handled in the background.

Try my script. It should at least pop up an error message if there is a problem.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

To get my scipt (actually it is an UDF - A library of User Defined Functions) you have to download this ZIP-file, extract it and copy OutlookEX.au3 into the directory where your script is located.

Save the script I have given in my last post to the same directory. Run it - it should send a mail without displaying it in advance.

If this works we can change the script so the mail is displayed and can be changed by the user before sending.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 9 years later...

Colyn1337

Thanks! Your very simple code here, for creating a new Outlook Mail Item was just what I needed to get me started. I looked at the OutlookEX UDF. It seems very well thought out, but it's way too complicated for someone who just wants a simple example and something they can quickly understand and expand on.

Edited by AGlassman
Insert link to code

The OutlookEX UDF comes with wrapper functions like _OL_Wrapper_SendMail or _OL_Wrapper_CreateAppointment.
They hide the "complexity" of the UDF by providing a function to create mails/appointments with just a few parameters you need to specify.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Water,

No disrespect of any kind intended towards OutlookEX UDF. I have used it in the past to do common Outlook automation task. But this time I'm way off in the weeds. I am trying to run an Outlook VBA module Public Sub (aka macro) from an AutoIt script. I wanted something very simple to start from so I could add my steps one at a time and be able to see the impact.

On 9/26/2012 at 8:02 PM, sbrady said:

dont you think it would be nice and even logical to see the email window BEFORE you send it. Tell me again Water how to get your script.

Hi everyone

I use both methods.

Some events the user wants to interact with, and it is very important to display the message BEFORE sending.

In other cases, like an automated help request, the user just wants to click a button Get Help and is not interested in the detail of the message.

The OutlookEX UDF is brilliant. :)

Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?