Network support

:whistle:

What i am trying to do is pretty simple. I want to create a backup application that copies data from a network folder to either another network folder or a local folder. Seems simple. However, I have tried both a mapped drive letter and using the full URL in my scripts to copy from the network to a local folder but no luck.

G: is a mapped network folder

FileCopy("g:\*.DBF", "c:\backups") = nothing copied

Is there a way to do this in Autoit ?

Please advise and thanks!

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

Don't think you can use wildcards in the filecopy command (i could be wrongm, dont have the help file here).

You would have to build a fileliast and copy each one seperately.

Could always created a batch file with the "g:\*.DBF", "c:\backups" in it and RunWait that instead.

----[ SandyD ]---

See FileFindFirstFile in help files

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

What i am trying to do is pretty simple.  I want to create a backup application that copies data from a network folder to either another network folder or a local folder.  Seems simple.  However, I have tried both a mapped drive letter and using the full URL in my scripts to copy from the network to a local folder but no luck.

Please advise and thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just tested it and it works with wildcards from a network disk. But... the destination directory must exist, so you have to create it before the FileCopy.

From the network? Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't access network folders / drives with autoit.

So you can map a network folder and copy files to and from it with an autoit script?

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

So you can map a network folder and copy files to and from it with an autoit script?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can map anetwork drive using DriveMapAdd :whistle:

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

From the network?  Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't access network folders / drives with autoit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed. I had a mapped drive (mapped under windows ad P: to a server) and a local directory on the C: disk. I did a FileCopy the same way as you described in the first post and it worked. I copied only files, no subdirectories.