Error: Unknown function name

Hi,

Recently downloaded the full install of AutoIT3 and tried to use recorder and recorded and install that got this error. I decided to cut and paste contents into Notepad and compiled yet got the same error but at a different line # that isn't what the line says in the uncompiled script?

AutoIT error "Line 2 (File "C:\Users\glenna\Documents\E5500.exe"):

Error: Unknown function name

AU3 script:

Run('C:\Drivers\Win7x_86_WIFI_E5500\Setup.exe')

_WinWaitActivate("Program Manager","FolderView")

MouseClick("left",144,778,1)

_WinWaitActivate("Libraries","Namespace Tree Contr")

MouseClick("left",131,369,2)

_WinWaitActivate("Local Disk (C:)","Namespace Tree Contr")

MouseClick("left",242,155,1)

MouseClick("left",242,155,1)

_WinWaitActivate("Drivers","Namespace Tree Contr")

MouseClick("left",268,133,1)

MouseClick("left",268,133,1)

_WinWaitActivate("Win7x_86_WIFI_E5500","Address: C:\Drivers\")

MouseMove(788,198)

MouseDown("left")

MouseMove(775,406)

MouseUp("left")

MouseClick("left",206,480,1)

MouseClick("left",206,480,1)

MouseClick("left",703,14,1)

MouseClick("left",703,12,1)

Exit

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Hi, osceolakid, welcome to the forum. Just a question to begin, have you attempted a silent install so you don't have to bother with trying to automate the GUI? It appears you're trying to install a driver; something like this usually works for these:

ShellExecuteWait('C:DriversWin7x_86_WIFI_E5500Setup.exe', '/s')

If this doesn't seem to work for you, I would suggest doing a Setup.exe /? to see what command-line parameters are open to you.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

JLogan3o13 is right, but about your error you should add this to it (though I would use the silent install.)

Func _WinWaitActivate($sTitle, $sText, $iTimeout = 0)
    WinWait($sTitle, $sText, $iTimeout)
    If Not WinActive($sTitle, $sText) Then WinActivate($sTitle, $sText)
    WinWaitActive($sTitle, $sText, $iTimeout)
EndFunc   ;==>_WinWaitActivate

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Hello,

Yes the driver is scripted by dell with the setup.iss...When going through the readme file there are switches and a property to add which I tried and the installation wouldn't completely install? Ergo, record it and see what happens. i will paste the Function in and try it.

Thank You!

• Moderators

Hi, osceolakid. I have a Dell test environment. If you would like to post a link to the driver, I can walk through scripting the command line switches with you.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

• Moderators

Hi, osceolakid. I took a look at the driver package; it is a pretty straight forward install. When you download the R260737.exe from the website, you have to extract the files from the executable. Once you have done this, you can weed out the drivers you don't need (DRIVER_JPN, etc.). Then run Setup.exe with the /s switch for a silent install.

• Moderators

That is odd. It installed just fine for me with the following:

ShellExecuteWait("Setup.exe", '/s')

Have you confirmed it installs okay manually?

Yes, manually it totally installs with a folder in "All Programs" and sets up different protocols EAP-FAST, EAP-LEAP, EPP-PEAP, in "Programs and Features".

This isn't experienced with the /s switch or with the recommended property /v"FRESHINSTALL=True" added per the Readme.rtf in folder?

I have other newer models of Dell wih different Broadcom wireless drivers and the /s works just fine....