Hi all,

Been a while since I've posted but have a new cool project for work and wanted to see if any one wants to help with a more legit dll call way to build this program to enroll finger prints, import/export them, and authenticate them.

FREELANCER PROJECT: https://www.freelancer.com/projects/C-Programming-Software-Architecture/Figure-Print-USB-Communication-Server.html

I'm building this for a dedicated HR/Clock IN/Out program. My idea is the computer will only have a screen, no mouse and keyboard, and just this Upek TrueMe Finger Print Reader/Scanner that I got on ebay for about $20.

The SDK I got offers a few sample programs that are command line. I will be making the App using that unless someone know better DLL Call ways to communicate with the API.

I can post links if anyone is interested. Let me know if anyone wants to help or thinks this could be cool and useful.

Joe

Edited by ConsultingJoe

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

thanks, I am working on it now but running into a problem. The sample app I'm building from is not a simple command line app. It has menus to navigate. I have tried using the STDIN/OUT method but it seems that in just using the OUT stream the app just says that its a bad command and repeats infinitely. Any ideas?

I can send the commands with ControlSend but I can not read the results. Please help if you have another method.

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Yes, I signed up for the SDK and got all the files and docs but dllcalls are very hard for me to figure out with the pointers and the right types. If anyone would like to help thats where I'm stuck. I've built off of a sample app but its not the right way. But its cool you can change a patter of led blinks and the speed, you can enroll and verify finger prints, you can EVEN use it for navigation, just like the old little nipple track balls on IBM laptops.

So. tomorrow, I can post a like to the DOCs/DLL/my code & sample apps if you have any recommendations.

Thanks.

Ok, so I got my script to automate the sample app and it is able to load all finger print template files from a directory and then it will constantly attempt to verify finger prints and currently outputs to ConsoleWrites to what slot/user swiped their finger and if there was an error or if it was not found among the prints on file.

Cool A, lol?

I will try to like or upload the DLL/Sample/Doc files if anyone is a PRO DLL CALLER, lol cuz I sure am aint. Otherwise I can also post the sample code for where I'm at and anyone can work off of that.

ZeroCool

• 2 weeks later...

It uses a lot of control clicking as I am not a DLLCALLER. lol

PM me for any Docs/DLLs/and the sample program that I used this with.

#NoTrayIcon

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
Opt("TrayMenuMode", 1) ; Default tray menu items (Script Paused/Exit)will not be shown.

Local $exititem = TrayCreateItem("Exit")
$ini_file = @DesktopDir&"bioprints.ini"
TraySetState()

HotKeySet("{F9}","quit")

$ini_exists = 1
If(FileExists($ini_file) = 0) Then
$ini_exists = 0
EndIf
$store_id = IniReadSection($ini_file,"store")
If @error Then
MsgBox(0,"","Error, store id unknown.")
Exit
EndIf
$store_id = IniRead($ini_file,"store","store_id","0")
ProcessClose("bio.exe")
ProgressOn("","Loading finger prints","Please wait.")
ConsoleWrite(23)
$bio_title = "BSAPI Function Preview"
Run(@DesktopDir&"biobio.exe","",@SW_MINIMIZE)
Sleep(500)
ControlClick($bio_title,"","ThunderRT6CommandButton39")
Sleep(1100)
ControlClick($bio_title,"","ThunderRT6CommandButton37")
Sleep(1000)
ControlSend($bio_title,"","ThunderRT6ComboBox12","B")
Sleep(200)
ProgressSet(20,"Retreiving finger prints")
Local $search = FileFindFirstFile(@DesktopDir&"bio*.bir")
Dim $prints[1]
If $search = -1 Then
MsgBox(0, "Error", "No files/directories matched the search pattern")
Exit
EndIf
While 1
Local $file = FileFindNextFile($search)
If @error Then ExitLoop
$file = StringReplace($file,".bir","")
_ArrayAdd($prints,$file)
WEnd
FileClose($search)
;_ArrayDisplay($prints)
Sleep(200)
$count = 0
$total_prints = UBound($prints)-1
if($ini_exists = 0) Then IniWrite($ini_file,"store","store_id","1")
For $i In $prints
If $i = "" Then ContinueLoop
if($ini_exists = 0) Then IniWrite($ini_file,"prints",$count,"ID Not Set")
ControlClick($bio_title,"","ThunderRT6CommandButton19")
While Not WinExists("Open file")
Sleep(1)
WEnd
Sleep(200)
ControlSetText("Open file", "", "Edit1", @DesktopDir&"bio"&$i&".bir")
ControlClick("Open file", "", "Button2")
Sleep(200)
;Send("C:Documents and SettingsOwnerDesktopbio1.bir{ENTER}")
ControlSetText($bio_title,'',"ThunderRT6TextBox3",$i)
For $ii = 0 To 4
ControlSend($bio_title, "", "ThunderRT6ListBox1","{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}")
Next
ControlClick($bio_title, "", "ThunderRT6CommandButton16")
$count += 1
ProgressSet(100/$total_prints*$count,"Loading print "&$count&" of "&$total_prints)
Sleep(100)
Next
ProgressOff()

Local $msg
$gui = GuiCreate("Clock", @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 0, 0, $WS_POPUP);
GUISetBkColor(0xffffff)
;$ie = _IECreateEmbedded()
;$ie_obj = GUICtrlCreateObj($ie,0,0,@DesktopWidth,@DesktopHeight)
;_IENavigate($ie,"http://google.com")
$img = GUICtrlCreatePic(@DesktopDir&"print.jpg", @DesktopWidth/2-156, @DesktopHeight/2, 316, 450)
$msg_label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Please wait", @DesktopWidth/2-600, @DesktopHeight/2-200, 1200, 200, $SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1,40,600)
$clock = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Loading...", @DesktopWidth/2-400, @DesktopHeight/2-400, 800, 200, $SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1,100,800)
$clock2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, 400, 100, $SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1,60,800)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0xebebeb)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1,0x666666)
update_clock()
$ss_label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",0,-1,@DesktopWidth,1)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; will display an empty dialog box
AdlibRegister("update_clock",500)
AdlibRegister("screensaver",10000)
GUICtrlSetData($msg_label,"Please Swipe Your Finger To Clock In/Out")

;;WinSetState($bio_title,"",@SW_MAXIMIZE)

For $ii = 0 To 4
ControlSend($bio_title, "", "ThunderRT6ListBox1","{UP}{UP}{UP}{UP}{UP}{UP}{UP}{UP}{UP}{UP}")
Next
For $ii = 0 To 4
ControlSend($bio_title, "", "ThunderRT6ListBox1","{SHIFTDOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{SHIFTUP}")
Next
ControlClick($bio_title, "", "ThunderRT6CommandButton14")
AdlibRegister("scan_print",1500)

While 1
Local $msg = TrayGetMsg()
Select
Case $msg = 0
ContinueLoop
Case $msg = $exititem
quit()
EndSelect
$msg = GUIGetMsg()
If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then quit()
WEnd

Exit

Func scan_print()
$status = ControlGetText($bio_title,"","ThunderRT6TextBox9")
If $status = "Processing, please wait ..." Then
Return False
ElseIf StringInStr($status,"Match found in slot ") > 0 Then
ControlSetText($bio_title,"","ThunderRT6TextBox9","")
$slot = StringReplace($status,"Match found in slot ","")
$list = ControlGetText($bio_title, "", "ThunderRT6ListBox1")
ConsoleWrite("Match found in slot: "&$slot&" "&$list&@CRLF)
$id = IniRead($ini_file, "prints",$slot,"-1")
If $id = -1 Then
GUICtrlSetData($msg_label,"Match found but user id unknown.")
Return
Else
GUICtrlSetData($msg_label,"Please Wait...")
$response = "Test"
$response = BinaryToString($response)
If StringInStr($response,"clocked in") > 0 Then
Run(@DesktopDir&"tasks.exe "&$id&" "&$store_id, "", @SW_SHOW)
EndIf
GUICtrlSetData($msg_label,$response)
AdlibRegister("screensaver",10000)
EndIf
Sleep(200)
ElseIf $status = "ABSVerify: No Match" Then
ConsoleWrite("No match found. Please try again"&@CRLF)
GUICtrlSetData($msg_label,"No match found. Please try again")
Sleep(200)
ElseIf $status = "Operation has been interrupted due timeout" Then
Sleep(200)
EndIf
EndFunc

Func update_clock()
If @HOUR > 12 Then
$ampm = "PM"
$hour = @HOUR - 12
Else
$ampm = "AM"
$hour = @HOUR
EndIf
If GUICtrlRead($clock) <> $hour&":"&@MIN&" "&$ampm Then GUICtrlSetData($clock, $hour&":"&@MIN&" "&$ampm)
If GUICtrlRead($clock2) <> $hour&":"&@MIN&" "&$ampm Then GUICtrlSetData($clock2, $hour&":"&@MIN&" "&$ampm)
EndFunc

Func screensaver()
GUICtrlSetData($msg_label, "Please Swipe Your Finger To Clock In/Out")
GUICtrlSetPos($clock2,Random(0,@DesktopWidth-100),Random(0,@DesktopHeight-100))
EndFunc

Func quit()
ProgressOn("Quiting","Please wait")
ProcessClose("bio.exe")
Sleep(500)
ProgressOff()
Exit
EndFunc
Edited by ConsultingJoe

• 2 months later...

I have created a FreeLancer Project for this. Please check it out. It may explain a little better. There is a link to the SDK and to the $20 product if you would like to purchase one for testing.

https://www.freelancer.com/projects/C-Programming-Software-Architecture/Figure-Print-USB-Communication-Server.html

Please Please Help.