Parameters to use diskserial.dll or another way to see the serial HD.

Gotta catch the serial HD and do not know what parameters to use with diskserial.dll

Edited by Belini

Remember that this is a support forum, show us that you tried something, and we will help you work on it. And you may want to tell where you got the dll from, I don't think there is any diskserial.dll included in Windows.

I think he is talking about this piece of code: http://www.devlib.net/getdiskserial.htm

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Seems kind of pricey to just get a serial number and hd information, when Windows gives it to you for the price of installing it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Something like that here if you are willing to work with WMI?:

Global $oErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "ObjErrorHandler")

MsgBox(0, "Test", WMI_GetHDDSN("."))

Func WMI_GetHDDSN($host, $usr = "", $pass = "") ;coded by UEZ 2011
    If $host = "." Then $host = "localhost"
    Local $HDD_SN
    Local $ping = Ping($host, 1000)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
    Local $objWMILocator = ObjCreate("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
    Local $objWMIService = $objWMILocator.ConnectServer($host, "rootcimv2", $usr, $pass, "", "", 128)
    If @error Then Return SetError(2, 0, -1)
    Local $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT Model, Name, SerialNumber FROM Win32_DiskDrive WHERE MediaType='Fixed hard disk media'", "WQL", 0x30)
    If IsObj($colItems) Then
        For $objItem In $colItems
            $HDD_SN &= "Model: " & $objItem.Model & ", S/N: " & WMI_GetHDDSN2(StringMid($objItem.Name, 5), $host, $usr, $pass) & @LF
        Next
    Else
        Return SetError(3, 0, -1)
    EndIf
    Return $HDD_SN
EndFunc

Func WMI_GetHDDSN2($Tag, $host, $usr = "", $pass = "") ;coded by UEZ 2011
    Local $HDD_SN
    Local $objWMILocator = ObjCreate("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
    Local $objWMIService = $objWMILocator.ConnectServer($host, "rootcimv2", $usr, $pass, "", "", 128)
    Local $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT SerialNumber,Tag FROM Win32_PhysicalMedia WHERE Tag  LIKE '%" & $Tag & "%'", "WQL", 0x30)
    If IsObj($colItems) Then
        For $objItem In $colItems
            ConsoleWrite($objItem.Tag & @LF)
            $HDD_SN = $objItem.SerialNumber
        Next
    Else
        Return SetError(3, 0, -1)
    EndIf
    Return $HDD_SN
EndFunc

Func ObjErrorHandler()
     ConsoleWrite(    "A COM Error has occured!" & @CRLF  & @CRLF & _
                                "err.description is: "    & @TAB & $oErrorHandler.description    & @CRLF & _
                                "err.windescription:"     & @TAB & $oErrorHandler & @CRLF & _
                                "err.number is: "         & @TAB & Hex($oErrorHandler.number, 8)  & @CRLF & _
                                "err.lastdllerror is: "   & @TAB & $oErrorHandler.lastdllerror   & @CRLF & _
                                "err.scriptline is: "     & @TAB & $oErrorHandler.scriptline     & @CRLF & _
                                "err.source is: "         & @TAB & $oErrorHandler.source         & @CRLF & _
                                "err.helpfile is: "       & @TAB & $oErrorHandler.helpfile       & @CRLF & _
                                "err.helpcontext is: "    & @TAB & $oErrorHandler.helpcontext & @CRLF _
                            )
EndFunc

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Thanks to all for the answers, UEZ who posted this script can not get the serial of all HD's only a few.

You can use DriveGetSerial() function

No he can't for what he needs. See the help file for DriveGetSerial:

"The value returned is not the hardware serial number as found on the label of the drive, it is the Windows Volume ID for the drive."

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

I would think you could do something like this...

$wbemFlagReturnImmediately = "&h10"
$wbemFlagForwardOnly = "&h20"
$WMI = ObjGet("winmgmts:" & @ComputerName & "rootCIMV2")

$aArray = $WMI.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_DiskDrive", "WQL", $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

For $element in $aArray
 MsgBox(0, @ComputerName, $element.SerialNumber)
Next

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I would think you could do something like this...

$wbemFlagReturnImmediately = "&h10"
$wbemFlagForwardOnly = "&h20"
$WMI = ObjGet("winmgmts:" & @ComputerName & "rootCIMV2")

$aArray = $WMI.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_DiskDrive", "WQL", $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

For $element in $aArray
 MsgBox(0, @ComputerName, $element.SerialNumber)
Next

Works for me on Windows 7 x64.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

The problem was solved using the freeware program DiskSmartView, thanks to help from friend Joelson007.

Link to topic: http://autoitbrasil.com/index.php?/topic/914-drivegetserialnumber/page__view__findpost__p__6074

Developer's site: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/disk_smart_view.html