Memory/Pointer address issues

Hi!

This is my first post. I have been looking through your forums and find the feedback/individual help regarding autoit coding I am trying to read a value from a client.

(NOT A GAME, I AM NOT HACKING... the .exe file is just private)

I found a pointer that reads the value via CE however I am getting a return of 0 from _MemoryPointerRead (and _MemoryRead)

Here is my code:

#include NomadMemory.au3

$PID = ProcessExists("Aexefile.exe")
$MemOpen = _MemoryOpen($PID)
$Value = _MemoryPointerRead(0x00580B88, $MemOpen, 0x110) ; tried putting 0x0 in before this with no change in results
MsgBox (0, "Value", $Value)
_MemoryClose($MemOpen)

So as I stated I just want to read the value from a pointer. The static address I'm using comes from the green address at the top left of CE. I am getting correct values for the PID. And the offset I'm using comes from the red part in the "extra info" part.

Here is a shot of what I found in CE. The value 381372390 is exactly what I want it to read. Please help!

Posted Image

What I find confusing is when I go through the code step by step and in CE it says at the bottom that

00580B88 -> 4C033FE8 which I assume means that the first number (pointer) translates to the 2nd number. Then adding the offset of 110 to that converted number I get the address 4C033FE8 (Which, accesses exactly what I want, no matter how many times I restart the client.)

*side note* that CE to .au3 script doesn't work for me, says I haven't copied a CT in to clipboard. I have already looked all over on this forum and internet for examples and nothing has worked. If anyone can tell me what values go where and what memory read functions to use I would greatly appreciate it!!

Im using a virtual machine running windows XP to run my scripts as I saw that nomadmemory doesn't work with windows 7 64bit.

If anyone can take my code plug in the numbers with a brief explanation of where they came from and why, I would be set.

Thanks for your time in reading my first post!

Welcom to AutoIt and the forum,

If it is not a game and no hacking could you please tell us why you need to read the memory? You grayed out the name of the EXE.

And why do you use CE?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Dear Troll.

I need to read the value to have it streamed to my phone for real time updates on-the-go. I am working with old software that simply gives a display of ALL values.and I would like to simplify it for mobile access. As I said it was private and not a game.

Moving on...

You have just 2 posts (means you are a member of this forum for a few hours only) and dare to call me a troll?

With this attitude your stay here might be very short.

Search the forum for "memory reading" and you will see that my question is legitimate. And btw: read the forum rules.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

wahbaduck,

water's comment was perfectly in order. We take the Forum Rules seriously and asking about memory reading when posting images with blacked-out executable names is sufficent reason to ask questions of a new member. Please do not react like that in future. :naughty:

If you do not want to show the name of the exe in public, then let me know privately via PM. Should you feel unable to do this, then I am afraid I will have no option but to close this thread. I hope it will not come to that. :)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Typo

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Dear Troll.

I need to read the value to have it streamed to my phone for real time updates on-the-go. I am working with old software that simply gives a display of ALL values.and I would like to simplify it for mobile access. As I said it was private and not a game.

Moving on...

Dial it back. You are using a known game hacking tool and then block out the name of the EXE. This only adds to your credibility problem. We have a zero botting tolerance in this forum. Save yourself a bit of trouble and provide the name of the EXE so we can verify your story. At this point you are on VERY thin ice. You want our help, then play by the forum rules. These rules are followed by everyone.

edit: Melba, you beat me to it.

Edited by scullion

• Moderators

wahbaduck,

As I suggested above, please let me see the file. If I am happy I will let everyone know that they can help you. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

I would love to PM you but it is disabled, I also can't edit posts for some reason, and after this have 1 post left. Would it be okay if with my last post I posted a memory scan of CE actually scanning itself with the address points and my code to read that address point (like I did with my client from work)?

Maybe this is caused by the "5 posts limit". You need to have at least 5 posts before you can edit one of your posts. Maybe PM is enabled after 5 posts as well.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

wahbaduck,

I have lifted the "New Member" restriction - you should now be able to PM me. :)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

wahbaduck,

Not so fast - see my reply to your PM first. ;)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

Hi all,

The OP has convinced me that the executable in this specific case is not a game. But as his sole aim is to learn how to use NomadMemory, I leave it up to individuals to decide whether they wish to help him in this endeavour. ;)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

wahbaduck,

Always happy to help. :)

M23

Spoiler