protecting a service

bjbpanda

Hi,

I was wondering to know is there any way to change a service stat and make it unstoppable and always in automatic mode. actually I developed a program but I need to protect its service from being stopped or disabled by users.

any help is appreciated,

BR,

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum,

It depends on the operating system you use (XP, Windows 7 ...)

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Here is an which lets you handle services.

I doubt that you can protect a service on XP the way you want it (because there is no UAC on XP).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Dear Water,

I had checked this UDF, my problem is that there is no set state function there, I can query the service states but I cannot change them, what I want exactly is to make a service unstoppable, for instance, my Antivirus service stop's button is not working and I cannot stop it. I want to make my service like it.

BR,

Maybe this helps. It lets you create a service from your script. haven't used it myself so can't tell you any details.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Services are saved within the registry and you can set permissions to a registry node. Maybe this way can help you to protect your service against users without admin permission.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

I had searched available solution before I make this topic and I think this is the role everybody should comply.

available solutions not satisfy my mind..

also, I want to protect my service from admin.

guys, I thought about other solutions like checking the service and run it again each time it stopped, but in this post I precisely want to find a way to change the service state and make it unstoppable.

BR,

Making a service / exe unstoppable even for an admin can be used also for coding malicious software! Don't expect any solution here which will show a code which can do what you want!

The question is why an admin shouldn't be able to stop the service? What is your purpose to protect your services by hook or by crook?

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

this is obvious that we will not going anywhere this way, I don't know what is this pretext you use to justify yourself.

I don't have time to convince you I'm not a black hat hacker and after that you tell me: " OK, I don't know the solution"

please help me and if you can't please let others do this,

Best Regards.

• Moderators

bjbpanda, you are missing the point UEZ is making. It really doesn't matter whether your intentions are malicious or not. If it is put here in the forum it can easily be used by someone who doesn't have good intentions.

If you are creating the service, set the Recovery options for First, Second, and Subsequent failures to Restart the Service. Beyond that, I don't see a legitemate need to force the service to always be running.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Good question :thumbsup:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

guys,

thanks, you are alright, I decided to change my solution, I created a program which take care of that service and start it each time it stopped, I know my program looks a little funny for customers but it's OK until I learn what you don't want to share here. :rolleyes:

BR,