Outlook to TCP port mail

Quick summary:

What I need to do is to allow a user to draft a new message in Outlook (2003 in this case) and send it through a dedicated TCP/IP port to another dedicated port on an off-site server. Ideally two-way traffic.

From research, Water's great OutlookEx UDF and it looks like OutlookSaveMail is the way to go. I'm starting a thread, but I don't have any code to start with straight away. I have the inbound/Outbound TCP side done, well for the most part I believe.

Any ideas or examples I can break ground with would be appreciated. Or I could be trying to re-invent the wheel, that someone has already done.

I would use _OL_ItemCreate to create the draft item in Outlook. This function returns the object of the created item. Pass this object to _OL_ItemSave to write the draft to disk.

Then use FileRead to grab the item and send it using TCP/IP.

BTW: There are a few client/server scripts available for TCP/IP. I can post a link if you need it.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Sure, set parameter $iOL_Type to $olTXT (see OoutlookExConstants.au3 for the OlSaveAsType enumeration).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Water

I have the inbound Tx side done. I'm trying now to digest the OLK side.

The html to text using $iOL_Type to $olTXT works great.

Some thoughts:

1) can I pick up (automated) any msg that's input into a designated folder in OLK.

2) save it as text to a folder for re-transmission (working on this now)

3) can I then move this msg to another folder once it's saved

Also I'm having a problem with the access pop-up, but I think you have a solution for that.

I have modified you OL_ItemSave example, but some issues wrapping my head around some of it.

I would start posting code but I see no point in simply re-posting your example. I'm simply changing folder destinations.

1) Please have a look at the example script section. The _OL_Example_NewMail_Event.au3 acts on every new mail received. If you just want to monitor a specific folder please have a look at _OL_Example_SentMail_Event.au3.

2) Should be easy as the above example scripts return the object of the item that triggered the event

3) Sure, _OL_ItemMove should do what you want

To get rid of the security pop ups you need to pass the $sOL_WarningProgram parameter to click away the security warnings.

Hope this points you into the right direction. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I finally have some idea what is needed. Prior to this it has bee some guess work.

1) the user needs to be able to draft a message and address it to a contact.

In this case the TCP/IP outbound agent

2) the message needs to be converted to a text doc

3) at that point my code can pick it up and send it out via the TCP/IP port.

Sorry Water I'm just not seeing this contact capability and connecting the dots.

If the contact is in one of the address books use _OL_ItemRecipientAdd to set and resolve the recipient.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ok. Here is my first shot at this so, don't laugh.

; *****************************************************************************
; Create test environment
Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()
;~ Global $aOL_Item

If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
Global $Result = _OL_TestEnvironmentCreate($oOutlook)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF - Manage Test Environment", "Error creating the test environment. @error = " & @error)

; Find a mail and save the item without attachements
Global $aOL_Item = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*TestSourceFolderMail", $olMail, "", "", "", "EntryID")
If $aOL_Item[0][0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Test Example Script", "Could not find a mail item in folder 'TestSourceFolderMail'. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
_OL_ItemSave($oOutlook, $aOL_Item[1][0], Default, "C:TestMail_Out", $olTXT)
Run(_OL_Warnings.exe $iOL_ProcessID [$iOL_WinCheckTime=1000[ $iOL_ControlCheckTime=1000[ $sOL_Version=""[ $iOL_Language=1033]]]])
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Test Example Script", "Error saving mail item to C:tempTestDir1. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
;~ ShellExecute("C:SMSRMMail_OutTestMail.txt")
MsgBox(64, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemSave Example Script", "Item successfully saved!")

1) Having problems with the warnings. Shouldn't the _OL_Warnings.exe be qouted?

2) Environment setup, fuzzy here but can't this be streamlined? (Ok, streamlined, maybe not the best word, but what comes to mind)

Test environment isn't needed. Replace ******** with the folder where the draft mail is stored.

The script is untested because I'm no longer in the office.

; Open connection to Outlook and specify exe to click away the security warnings (assume it's in the same directory as the script)
Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open(True, "_OL_Warnings.exe")
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

; Find a mail and save the item without attachements
Global $aOL_Item = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "********", $olMail, "", "", "", "EntryID")
If $aOL_Item[0][0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Test Example Script", "Could not find a mail item in folder '\Test\SourceFolder\Mail'. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
_OL_ItemSave($oOutlook, $aOL_Item[1][0], Default, "C:\Temp\Mail_Out\", $olTXT)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Test Example Script", "Error saving mail item to C:\temp\Mail_Out\. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
MsgBox(64, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemSave Example Script", "Item successfully saved!")

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks for the correction. This is what I used to grab an input and then save it to a folder.

#include 

Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open(True, "_OL_Warnings.exe")

; Find a mail and save the item without attachements to a folder
Global $aOL_Item = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*TestSourceFolderMail", $olMail, "", "", "", "EntryID")

If $aOL_Item[0][0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: Test Script", "Could not find a mail item in folder 'TestSourceFolderMail'. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
_OL_ItemSave($oOutlook, $aOL_Item[1][0], Default, "C:TestMail_Out", $olTXT)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: Test Script", "Error saving mail item to C:testDir1. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

So far so good, mate. So how would I use oOApp_NewMailEx (or the like) to monitor just one Outlook folder for any specific newly received mail? If I can do this then

I suppose I also utilize this same folder for a user to create a new mail that would be routed out my TCP/IP port by placing a draft message into this same folder?

With the NewMailEX event you can only monitor the mail Inbox. A new mail created by the user is stored in the drafts folder until it is being sent, then it's moved to the sent folder.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki