_EventLog__Report() $aData?

Mechaflash

#include <EventLog.au3>
_EventLog__Report($hEventLog, $iType, $iCategory, $iEventID, $sUserName, $sDesc, $aData)

In the parameters section for $aData, it just says,

Data array formated as follows:

[0] - Number of bytes in array

[1] - Byte 1

[2] - Byte 2

[n] - Byte n

Can someone help me understand what it's for?

EDIT: Damnit... I thought I clicked General Help & Support...

Edited by Mechaflash
Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

I see... I noticed where they get put in the event log but just didn't know what their purpose was. Started noticing that some events don't have them as you stated.

Just passed $aData[1] = [0] to it.

Another question about this function if you're willing to answer it:

No matter what value I set for $iEventID, I get an error reporting that the source doesn't contain information on that eventID. I understand that it's event IDs created inside a "source" which allows the event viewer to report these in the event log. Is there a way to just bypass it and only include a general description?

If not, how do I create my own eventID information for a unique source?

EDIT: Found the answer to the strike-through question

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/446691/how-to-create-windows-eventlog-source-from-command-line

Still want to know if it can just be bypassed however. Make it easier.

pfft nvm. It's the same as just creating an event.

Edited by Mechaflash
Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

What resources have you added to the exe? I'm guessing none.

You may want to have a look at this example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363680.aspx

Just be warned that what you are doing was not designed with languages like AutoIt in mind. I once did a lot of work on message tables in AutoIt. I'll see what I can dig out.

Because of its complexity and my uneasiness to have to deal with this on every machine I want to run the program on, I think I'll just stick with a basic text-based log file. Easier to manage anyways.

Spoiler