Need help with some ideas

Im in a programming languages class and i have a project where i need to teach a language to my class. I dabbled with autoit a few years ago and i remember i loved it, so i think im gonna teach autoit to my class. I have a few questions though.

First, does anyone have any suggestions of a simple script/program i could walkthrough with my class that would not be too long, but shows the capabilities of autoit. I have seen simple things like minesweeper bots, but they don't run on windows 7. Also i need it to be able to work with just downloading autoit, and using things already on windows. I can't have my entire class downloading large applications just for 1 simple lesson.

And second. Im haveing trouble finding reasons why autoit is much better than just making simple batch files.(Although i know its better. Just can't seem to put together why.)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Firstly, create a gui, it's easy as pi in autoit. (then try that with a batch file)

Demonstrate it's ability to affect the physical by turning the monitor off and on.

If you want to show it automating something, then all windows OS' have notepad, calculator, paint etc...

Use your imagination.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.