Ctrl+c in script screwed up by hotkeys with modifiers?

Guy_

It seems that most of the time functions seem to screw up when I call them using a hotkey with a modifier in it [e.g. HotKeySet("!&", "goCopy") ] if it pretty immediately has to execute a Send("^c") in it.

The ^c may be confused by these keys that are still pushed down, I guess? :x

Is there a basic knowledge or technique I should already know to prevent this, please? :huh2:

TY :huggles:

I have it with many combinations, so I don't think it's because some of them are in use by something.

Things just go too quickly to not have part of the hotkey pressed in time probably...

Thanks Firefox, I will try that function.

If I understand the manual, I need

#include <Misc.au3>
Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll")

because I would need its use every few seconds.

I guess I include this at the top of everything.

The manual talks about having to close the function with DllClose($hDLL)

Do I do this closing only when quitting my program or at the end of my main (copying) function called by the hotkey?

I then would like to try it like this:

While _IsPressed("12", $hDLL) Or _IsPressed("31", $hDLL) etc.

Sleep(100)

WEnd

Again, I see no info for Azerty keyboards...

Would "31 for 1 key" be the same as for my "& 1 |" key? [ok, I can test that]

Edited by Guy_

I have it with many combinations, so I don't think it's because some of them are in use by something.

Things just go too quickly to not have part of the hotkey pressed in time probably...

Thanks Firefox, I will try that function.

If I understand the manual, I need

#include <Misc.au3>
Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll")

because I would need its use every few seconds.

I guess I include this at the top of everything.

The manual talks about having to close the function with DllClose($hDLL)

Do I do this closing only when quitting my program or at the end of my main (copying) function called by the hotkey?

I then would like to try for just the Alt key with:

While _IsPressed("12", $hDLL)

Sleep(100)

WEnd

OTOH, it's probably more logical if I check for ALL keys?

While _IsPressed("12", $hDLL) Or _IsPressed("31", $hDLL) etc.

You're right, well done.

Again, I see no info for Azerty keyboards...

Would "31 for 1 key" be the same as for my "& 1 |" key?

Yes, this is the same, there is no difference.

Br, FireFox.

It's working well.

Except, the same 1 key without modifier is also a hotkey, so if you release the modifier more quickly than the 1 key, the other hotkey starts triggering...

I guess that won't happen much, but could I still protect against that? (without having to assign variables, which I probably could; making it that just 1 function at a time can be active)

I guess I could figure something out, but maybe there's already a built-in trick :)

Edited by Guy_

Is this link any help?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator