DirCopy does not work

sbrady

This does not work:

DirCopy("\\10.10.44.37\Incoming Projects DAW1\Promos\Open PM\SBTEST","D:\Promos",1)

I get what is INSIDE the folder, not the folder itself.

What do I have to do to make the SBTEST folder copy over to the D:\Promos folder.

is it because it is coming from a server????

it works copying from local computer to the server but copying from the server to my local computer it only copies the contents.

So...........how can I copy the folder and the contents FROM the server TO my local computer.

Help please.

I found out it works copying FROM local HD to a mounted server, but copying FROM a SERVER to my local HD only copies the contents NOT the folder itself. You have to have a folder with the same name at the destination, then it will copy.

No you don't, if you do it like JohnOne said, and include the name of the folder you're copying from in the destination path i.e. "D:PromosSBTest" instead of just "D:Promos" it will create the SBTest folder and then copy the contents of the folder into that folder.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

coming from Applescript..........you select item 1 inside a folder, you just copy item 1.........so simple.

what I will have to do on PC is get the name of the folder and add that to the desination path. Its one extra step, but other than that it will work. I desperately need some one to help me cycle through a folder, if the folder has todays date in the folder name (ie 10-15-12), then get the full name of that folder and create a folder in the destination location with the same name, then copy the source directory. I need code because just reading the help file does not help me figure out the coding syntax.

• Moderators

sbrady,

If I hear "Applescript is so simple" coming from you just once more I will begin to get annoyed. Every thread you start tells us how wonderful that app is - just get over the fact that Windows/AutoIt is different and start to learn how to use AutoIt properly instead of trying to do the things the same way as you used to. :whistle:

And as BrewManNH and JohnOne have told you, there is no need to cycle through a folder - using the folder name in the destination path will copy the whole folder. Now 3 people have told you - have you actually tried it? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

here is my folder structure

C:PromosMAIN FOLDER

10-12-12 Open Exports folder

10-12-12 Promo Exports folder

10-12-12 Bump Exports folder

10-15-12 Open Exports folder

10-15-12 Promo Exports folder

10-15-12 Bumps Exports folder

I need a script to copy the 3 folders with 10-15-12 in the folders name to my destination location. SO..........how do I do that.

Edited by sbrady

• Moderators

sbrady,

This is how I would do it:

- Use _FileListToArray (yes, it can list folders too) to get an array of the folders in that main folder.

- Loop through the array using a For...Next loop and use StringInStr to see if the foldername includes the required string.

- Use DirCopy to copy the folder if the string is found

No doubt AppleScript could do this just by reading your mind, but AutoIt requires you to write some code and execute it. So look up those functions in the Help file and try to write something yourself. If you run into problems, we will be more than happy to help you debug/amend it to get it to work properly - but you need to do some work first. ;)

Good luck! :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area