next fucntion wont run..?

Hi everyone

I'm relatively new to AutoIt and im using the v3 (if there is any other version.. just to clear up which one im using). I have a function that creates a GUI and has the user select which browswer they would like to use. I got all of that to work with the buttons and everthing, and now I just cant get the other functions to run after the user selects their button. If i comment out the GUI function, the other functions work perfect.. can someone tell me how to get the other functions to work AFTER the GUI function has already happened?

Thanks

Func DoGUI()

local $ie_Button, $ff_Button, $gc_Button, $msg

GUICreate("Please Select Browswer")

$ie_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Internet Explorer", 50, 30, 100)

_GUICtrlButton_Enable($ie_Button)

$ff_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Firefox", 150, 30, 100)

_GUICtrlButton_Enable($ff_Button)

$gc_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Google Chrome", 250, 30, 100)

_GUICtrlButton_Enable($gc_Button)

GUISetState()

;~ MsgBox(0, "condition",StringFormat("GUICtrlRead=%dnGUICtrlGetState=%d", GUICtrlRead($chkst), GUICtrlGetState($chkst)))

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select

case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

ExitLoop

case $msg = $ie_Button

;~ MsgBox(0, "HEY! LISTEN!", "HEY LISTEN!")

If $system = 32 Then

Run("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe","",@SW_MAXIMIZE,"")

Elseif $system = 64 Then

EndIf

case $msg = $ff_Button

If $system = 32 Then

Run("C:Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe","",@SW_MAXIMIZE,"")

ElseIf $system = 64 Then

Run("C:Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe","",@SW_MAXIMIZE,"")

EndIf

case $msg = $gc_Button

If $system = 32 Then

Run("C:Program FilesGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe","",@SW_MAXIMIZE,"")

ElseIf $system = 64 Then

Run("C:Program FilesGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe","",@SW_MAXIMIZE,"")

EndIf

EndSelect

WEnd

sleep(1000)

EndFunc

all of that works, i just cant get the next function to work which is just an IE click event.. the click event wont trigger

LetsAuto,

The ENTIRE code and please use code tags.

kylomas

edit: also, if you are trying to automate a web site this is not how you do it.

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

;~ DoGUI()
DoLogin()

;Programmed Functions
Func DoGUI()
local $ie_Button, $ff_Button, $gc_Button, $msg
GUICreate("Please Select Browswer")

$ie_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Internet Explorer", 50, 30, 100)
_GUICtrlButton_Enable($ie_Button)
$ff_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Firefox", 150, 30, 100)
_GUICtrlButton_Enable($ff_Button)
$gc_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Google Chrome", 250, 30, 100)
_GUICtrlButton_Enable($gc_Button)

GUISetState()
;~ MsgBox(0, "condition",StringFormat("GUICtrlRead=%d\nGUICtrlGetState=%d", GUICtrlRead($chkst), GUICtrlGetState($chkst)))

While 1
$msg = GUIGetMsg()
Select
case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
ExitLoop
case $msg = $ie_Button
;~ MsgBox(0, "HEY! LISTEN!", "HEY LISTEN!")
If $system = 32 Then
Elseif $system = 64 Then
EndIf
case $msg = $ff_Button
If $system = 32 Then
Run("C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe","",@SW_MAXIMIZE,"")
ElseIf $system = 64 Then
Run("C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe","",@SW_MAXIMIZE,"")
EndIf
case $msg = $gc_Button
If $system = 32 Then
Run("C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe","",@SW_MAXIMIZE,"")
ElseIf $system = 64 Then
Run("C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe","",@SW_MAXIMIZE,"")
EndIf
EndSelect
WEnd
sleep(1000)
EndFunc

Func DoLogin()
$module = "Login"
Sleep(5000)
; click address bar
MouseClick("primary",130,39,3,75)
Sleep(1000)
the rest of the code contains sensitive information

First things first, you run the program with your button, but you never exit the While loop, so it will never do anything other than run the browser chosen. You should use an ExitLoop after running the browser.

Secondly, these lines "_GUICtrlButton_Enable(xx)" are totally unnecessary, the buttons are already enabled when you created them.

Thirdly, why do you have separate Run lines for $system = 32 or 64 when they both use the exact same command to run the programs?

Fourthly, lose the Sleep(1000) after the Wend statement, it's not doing anything, and even if it did it would make your program very unresponsive.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I'm glad it worked.

BTW, with a sleep(1000), if it were inside the While loop, would make your buttons very hard to interact with and when using GUIGetMsg is not needed. GUIGetMsg sleeps the script for 10ms or so if there are no events to process. It is best to keep the sleep low inside the While loop if you're using it to check controls. What would happen is the script will sleep for 1 second, during which time you can't interact with your controls at all. Then it wakes up, and goes through the message loop very quickly, then sleeps again for 1 second. That means you have to hold the buttons down to make them activate.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator