IE proxy usage with login and password.

ogloed

I am not sure i understand what your searching for...

Explain yourself better and dont forget this is not an IE forum. Someone may give you some advices for autoit but not for proxies.

Your not posting any codes or something. No1 is understanding what ur saying.

I feel nothing.It feels great.

What is the way to use proxy with authentication in automating IE? I managed to change proxy and port in registry, but I can't find a way to use login and password for proxy.

Can anyone point to a working way?

Are you talking about authenticating yourself to one of those proxies that asks you for a password and user name in order to use it?

If so, why would you do that? There's like literally thousands of them out there that don't ask you to do that.

I will answer both:

I am not sure i understand what your searching for...

Explain yourself better and dont forget this is not an IE forum. Someone may give you some advices for autoit but not for proxies.

Your not posting any codes or something. No1 is understanding what ur saying.

Are you talking about authenticating yourself to one of those proxies that asks you for a password and user name in order to use it?

If so, why would you do that? There's like literally thousands of them out there that don't ask you to do that.

We have a corporate proxy, that we use to access internet. And this proxy uses authentication, so I have to input login and password each time I open Internet Explorer. A window pops up asking for login and password:

Posted Image

Is there a way to avoid this window? I know that this is not an IE forum, but I'm trying to create an AutoIt script that uses our corporate proxy. No reason to post the whole script because it doesn't go further than this:

#include <ie.au3>

Global $oIE = _IECreate("http://test.local", 0, 1, 1, 0)

• Moderators

Hi,

I was asked to look at this thread as it mentions "login". As it is only a simple dialog box that needs to be automated and is not a "forum or site auto-login" I am happy for the thread to continue. :)

ogloed,

I suggest you use the Window Info tool (Your_AutoIt_PathAutoIt3Au3Info.exe) to get the information on that dialog GUI and controls and then look at ControlSend/Click in the Help file. You will find the <Using AutoIt - Window Titles and Text (Advanced)> page of the Help file (scroll down to the bottom) useful as well so that you know what it is you need to put in the various parameters of those functions. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I suggest you use the Window Info tool (Your_AutoIt_PathAutoIt3Au3Info.exe) to get the information on that dialog GUI and controls and then look at ControlSend/Click in the Help file. You will find the <Using AutoIt - Window Titles and Text (Advanced)> page of the Help file (scroll down to the bottom) useful as well so that you know what it is you need to put in the various parameters of those functions. ;)

Thank you. I'm aware of methods of handling GUI windows and controls. I just wanted script to run IE in invisible mode while doing some other work on the PC, but this particular login window keeps coming up out of sudden and it messes up my work.

• 8 years later...

I know this topic is crazy old but if anyone else stumbles across this there is a solution. Windows credentials manager. Adding your proxies IP along with username and password as a Generic Windows credential will get picked up by all IE instances and will authenticate for you.

Also  you can modify these credentials programmatically using the command line, "cmdkey", and to change proxies programmatically, use registry edits on your internet options.

Edited by bailey1274
how to edit creds