cant make a folder

sbrady

why does the folder NOT get created

;1. put Project name into message box

$new_project_name = InputBox ("Name the Project", "Just Paste in the Project name", "AR123 Smith, Bob")

MsgBox(64, "Project Name",$new_project_name) ; this returns "AR123 Smith, Bob"

$apace1 = WinExists(" FEATURES") ; this return a 1

MsgBox(64, "Project Name",$apace1)

If $apace1 = 1 Then

DirCreate ("\\Apacefeatures1\active_projects_a-d\ FEATURES\"& $new_project_name & "EXPORTS")

EndIf

Is there supposed to be a space in front of the word FEATURES in the DirCreate command? Also, is the word EXPORTS supposed to be right after the "AR123 Smith, Bob" so that it makes one line, e.g. "AR123 Smith, BobEXPORTS"?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I got what I needed accomplished..........now..........is there a way to make this script run on another computer WITHOUT AutoIT installed.

;1. put Project name into message box

$new_project_name = InputBox ("Name the Project", "Just Paste in the Project name", "AR123 Smith, Bob")

$apace1 = WinExists(" FEATURES")

If $apace1 = 1 Then

DirCreate ("Apacefeatures1active_projects_a-d FEATURES" & $new_project_name)

DirCreate("Apacefeatures1active_projects_a-d FEATURES" & $new_project_name & "Nuendo Project")

DirCreate("Apacefeatures1active_projects_a-d FEATURES" & $new_project_name & "Final Cut 7")

DirCreate("Apacefeatures1active_projects_a-d FEATURES" & $new_project_name & "Pro CS6")

DirCreate("Apacefeatures1active_projects_a-d FEATURES" & $new_project_name & "Pro CS5.5")

DirCreate("Apacefeatures1active_projects_a-d FEATURES" & $new_project_name & "Pro CS5")

DirCreate("Apacefeatures1active_projects_a-d FEATURES" & $new_project_name & "Pro CS4")

DirCreate("Apacefeatures1active_projects_a-d FEATURES" & $new_project_name & "Pro CS3")

DirCreate("Apacefeatures1active_projects_a-d FEATURES" & $new_project_name & "_Media Files")

EndIf

Compile it to an exe?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Compile it to an exe

under tools select "Compile" or ctrl+F7

Also, read Melba's pm before he gets angry ;)

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

I made my script and app and it did not work. The other machine is on Windows 7........it seems to me the way W7 looks at the directory is different. My script shows the path to be "Apacefeatures" etc etc, W7 looks at IP, so 10.10.100.10.

So how do I make my code work on Windows 7.

Your script works fine on Windows 7 and a network folder, I ran it on my Win7 machine and was able to create the folders without a problem, I just substituted your server name for mine. Perhaps when you're running it there's no window called " FEATURES" open, which bypasses the whole dircreate section.

so how does W7 treat a window name........apparently there is NO window name for the script to look for. I coded on XP. Is AutoIT v3 only for XP. What do I have to do to get the script to see the window name on a Windows7 machine.

What makes you think there's no window name to look for?

First check would be to open the program you're looking for, and then run WinList() with no parameters and use _ArrayDisplay on the returned array of window names and see what it's called using that.

#Include <Array.au3>
Global $WinArray = WinList()
_ArrayDisplay($WinArray)

This will display a list of all windows that are open, even some that aren't visible, in that list should be the program you're looking for.