Game Engine 4.0

Tomb

I have been working on a game engine for quite a while. While it is still very early in development, I thought I would finally like to share some of my progress with you.

It features basic combat and movement as well as online tcp connections to play multiplayer with a friend and chat.

Multiplayer can be simulated locally by running two instances of the executable. To play online with a friend, the host will need to forward port 7000.

I originally started with GDI+ and eventually combined GDI and GD+ as well as various optimizations for a much needed speed boost.

I would appreciate any feedback about game performance or bugs. It is still a very early alpha release which I work on regularly and will update again as more progress is made.

I have included x32 and x64 bit versions of the main executable file.

Gameplay:

Arrow keys to move

Enter key to use chat. Type a message or command and press Enter again to send.

/Help to see a list of commands.

F11 for full screen mode.

Left and Right Click for attacks.

The game files can be downloaded at http://unwarped.com/Game Engine 4.0.zip

GDIP.au3 can be downloaded at

Here is a recent video I uploaded in July. Although many changes have been made since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sztPglYAdvE

A new video I have just uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RxeiAM-WUM

Edited by Tomb

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

It seems that you forgot to include the file <GDIP.au3> in the zip. Where can I find it?

PS: your .zip file get flagged by chrome as "Game Engine 4.0.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous". Follow this link to fix the problem (maybe that's why you don't get any comments ?).

Hello,

It seems that you forgot to include the file <GDIP.au3> in the zip. Where can I find it?

You can find GDIP.au3

PS: your .zip file get flagged by chrome as "Game Engine 4.0.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous". Follow this link to fix the problem (maybe that's why you don't get any comments ?).

Ignore it and click "Keep" and it downloads just fine. It appears that Google is just being paranoid.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

This includes are not needed in Game Engine 4.0.au3

#Include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#Include <EditConstants.au3>

#Include <GUIConstants.au3>

#Include <SendMessage.au3>

#Include <GDIPlus.au3>

#Include <WinAPI.au3>

#Include <Misc.au3>

#Include <Math.au3>

#Include <File.au3>

For avoid errors when running au3 check, you can declare global variables at script's start instead in function as PathFind.

And for avoid browser false alerts, simply use high fileinstall compression instead of upx when compiling the script you put in the archive. ;)

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

Nice engine, and game, good work.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

• 3 weeks later...

I have been doing a lot of work on the Game Engine lately. Although the updates aren't ready to upload yet, I have a video showing some of the new features.

The update will include an inventory system, some basic particle effects, and some interesting 3D-ish effects I have been working on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RxeiAM-WUM

You can find GDIP.au3

Ignore it and click "Keep" and it downloads just fine. It appears that Google is just being paranoid.

Thank you BrewManNH for providing a link to GDIP.au3. I have added a link to the main post.

This includes are not needed in Game Engine 4.0.au3

#Include <EditConstants.au3>

#Include <GUIConstants.au3>

#Include <SendMessage.au3>

#Include <GDIPlus.au3>

#Include <WinAPI.au3>

#Include <Misc.au3>

#Include <Math.au3>

#Include <File.au3>

For avoid errors when running au3 check, you can declare global variables at script's start instead in function as PathFind.

And for avoid browser false alerts, simply use high fileinstall compression instead of upx when compiling the script you put in the archive. ;)

Wakillon I agree about the global variables used in the pathfinding and these have been fixed. Although I'm not sure what you mean about the includes.

While I agree that some of these are not needed others are absolutely necessary for the game engine to run properly.

Please clarify about the includes comment.

Nice engine, and game, good work.

Thank you Careca :)

Wakillon I agree about the global variables used in the pathfinding and these have been fixed. Although I'm not sure what you mean about the includes.

While I agree that some of these are not needed others are absolutely necessary for the game engine to run properly.

Please clarify about the includes comment.

modified start of your script for avoid errors :

#Region ;************ Includes ************
#Include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#Include <ScreenCapture.au3>
#Include <GUIRichEdit.au3>
#Include <Constants.au3>
#Include <GuiEdit.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>
#Include <Date.au3>
#Include <GDIP.au3>

;~ #Include <GUIConstants.au3>;~~~
;~ #Include <GDIPlus.au3>;~~~
;~ #Include <WinAPI.au3>;~~~
;~ #Include <Misc.au3>;~~~
;~ #Include <Math.au3>;~~~
;~ #Include <File.au3>;~~~
;~ #Include <SendMessage.au3>;~~~
;~ #Include <EditConstants.au3>;~~~

#EndRegion ;************ Includes ************

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2)
Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 0)
Opt("TCPTimeout", 100)

Global $closedList_Str = "_"
Global $openList_Str = "_"
Global $Heuristic = 0
Global $estimate = 1
Global $Allow_Diagonals_Boolean = 1
Global $PI = 3.14159

#Include "A_Star Algorithm.au3"

i can play with your game without commented includes ;)

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts