Question on moving game save files (NO BOTS)

Hi.

I've read the forum rules, and they don't really cover what I'm asking so I'll give it a shot here.

Say you have a save file for an online game, and you want to copy it to another computer for synchronization If I wrote a script that copied that save file automatically, would that be considered game interaction? It's not launching or using the game in any way. It doesn't even have to be a game. It could be a configuration file for a software oscilloscope.

I try to find answers as much as possible on my own, but I couldn't find anything on this.

Regards,

Cyberbit

_ArrayConcatenate2D · Aero Flip 3D · EPOCH (destroy timestamps) · File Properties Modifier · _GetFileType · UpdateEngine<new> · In-line Case (_ICase) <new>

[hr]

50% of the time, it works all the time. -PezoFaSho

I would say that is fine. While the game is online, it would be acceptable as long as you can do it manually. If it is simply just a matter or copying and pasting then I would say your in the clear.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary, and those that do not

So you want to copy a file, what in the world do you have to be even mentioning game for?

Because its main purpose is game-involved.

What the script will do is crawl through a Macromedia repository that stores Flash movie Shared Objects. Of course I would use FileCopy. That's a no-brainer for this project. ;)

The questionable nature comes in with the other part of the script. Using an open browser window, it will grab HTML source and parse it for game info to use in the syncronizer. I don't know if this goes against policy as interacting with a game.

I might be paranoid, but I define "interactivity" as "changing the course of play." Copying a save file from one computer to another may change the course of play.

I just want to hear a moderator's advice on this, that's all. :D

Regards,

D.J.

_ArrayConcatenate2D · Aero Flip 3D · EPOCH (destroy timestamps) · File Properties Modifier · _GetFileType · UpdateEngine<new> · In-line Case (_ICase) <new>

[hr]

• Developers

I just want to hear a moderator's advice on this, that's all. :D

You notice soon enough when we don't like it, no need start a debate on it.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I wonder if your searching a solution to something here or you're trying to get some attention???

I'm seriously asking for advice. I don't want to get banned for going against policy.

You notice soon enough when we don't like it, no need start a debate on it.

True.

Regards,

Cyberbit

Edited by cyberbit

[hr]

• Developers

I'm seriously asking for advice. I don't want to get banned for going against policy.

We do not ban members for the first offence and we at tired of people asking questions about our rules.

They are clear enough and we are not going to make them even more granular for silly stuff like this.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

They are clear enough and we are not going to make them even more granular for silly stuff like this.

Understood. I'll take that as an answer to my question.

@ileandros: Good point. I guess since messing with the information from a game is not in the rules my case is fine.

Sorry if I annoyed you guys. I'm trying to learn through the community as best as possible. My question is closed here.

Thanks for all your help!

Regards,

Cyberbit

[hr]

Don't mean to be rude, but Im kinda confused, if you knew what to do and how to use file copy, why start this topic? :S

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Don't mean to be rude, but Im kinda confused, if you knew what to do and how to use file copy, why start this topic? :S

... Never mind, lol.

[hr]