Error: Error parsing function call

Hello,

I am brand new to using this application. ( In advance let me say that I have searched the forums for the answer and worked on this for some time before posting OPs) I have a script that I am working on and I will post the script below. (Its not orginally my script, but it would work for excactly what I need). Whenever I run it I get an Error parsing function call message referring to "Line 6 (File"C:\\Documents and settings\muse\desktop\uninstall.exe" file. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here and would appreciate ant help. Thanks!

;1.Launch uninstaller if it exists
;
If FileExists ("c:\Program Files\Pharos\bin\Uninst.EXE") Then

run("c:\Program Files\Pharos\bin\Uninst.EXE")
;2.Wait for the window to exist
WinWait("Pharos Uninstallation","Welcome to the Pharos Uninstallation program.")
;if it exists, continue
If WinExists("Pharos Uninstallation","Welcome to the Pharos Uninstallation program.") Then

Opt('SendKeyDelay',500); 500 milliseconds
;Send n for next
Send(enter)
;send space to select pharos
Send(" ")
;send alt-n to hit next
Send("!n")
;send alt-n to hit next again
Send("!n")
;send alt-s to hit start
Send("!s")
;Wait for finished window
WinWait("Finished","Press the Finish button to exit this program.",60)
;Make sure this window is active:
WinActivate("Finished")
;send alt-f to hit finish
Send("!f")
EndIf
EndIf

Send(enter) is wrong. Needs to be Send("{ENTER}")

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks that cleared the error, but the next window in the program installation process can take either of the following keystrokes to engage the "Next" radio button. Either an ALT N, a space, or an enter command works when I do it manually. I know how to use the Send("{ENTER}"), I have tried the Send("!n") for ALT N, and the Send("{SPACE}") for space. None of these work and I am still getting the same script error as I listed above. The program is pretty simple. But I am pretty sure that I am just screwing up something simple.

;1.Launch uninstaller if it exists
;
If FileExists ("c:Program FilesPharosbinUninst.EXE") Then

run("c:Program FilesPharosbinUninst.EXE")
;2.Wait for the window to exist
WinWait("Pharos Uninstallation","Welcome to the Pharos Uninstallation program.")
;if it exists, continue
If WinExists("Pharos Uninstallation","Welcome to the Pharos Uninstallation program.") Then

Opt('SendKeyDelay',500); 500 milliseconds
;Send n for next
Send("{ENTER}")
;send space to select pharos
Send("!n")
;send alt-n to hit next
Send("!n")
;send alt-n to hit next again
Send("!n")
;send alt-s to hit start
Send("!s")
;Wait for finished window
WinWait("Finished","Press the Finish button to exit this program.",60)
;Make sure this window is active:
WinActivate("Finished")
;send alt-f to hit finish
Send("!f")
EndIf
EndIf

What is the error message you're getting, the exact message from the Scite console would be helpful, as well as any other pertinent information displayed there.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Why not use Au3Info and ControlClick? Because using Send can cause problems if the window doesn't have focus or a window in the background pops up randomly.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018