new scite "Jump 2 error line" function

Hi, i got really pissed when i updated to newest scite, how do i disable the AUTO JUMP TO ERROR THING also the LABEL? So annoying

Super duper annoying when Global variables REALLY IS DECLARED, but not in the included files

REGARDS

Edited by tarretarretarre

Add this to SciTEUser.properties OR Options >> Open User Options File. Restart SciTE to take affect.

error.inline=0

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

That's Au3Check then. Add #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Check=N to the top of your script. But honestly I would think about how you structure your UDFs, because I never get that error. If want to access a Global variable in a different UDF I normally wrap it in a function and call the function instead.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Developers

Hi, i got really pissed when i updated to newest scite, how do i disable the AUTO JUMP TO ERROR THING also the LABEL? So annoying

Super duper annoying when Global variables REALLY IS DECLARED, but not in the included files

REGARDS

I get really annoyed by ungrateful people like yourself venting these stupid opinions and not being able to keep it to themselves.

Didn't it dawn to you you could NOT use this and use your own setup?

Jos :)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

What. No *click* or move to Chat? (rhetorical)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

What. No *click* or move to Chat? (rhetorical)

Nah ... this is my positive side that assumes the OP really wanted to ask the open question:

"Can somebody help me switching off the Inline errors and au3check because I really don't need to be warned about my mistakes since I know what I am doing."

.. and that question was answered.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sorry for being rude but it was really annoying. REALLY. and i dont want to turn off the error reporting. i just dont want scite to tell me 2 times where the error. WARNING is. Like in the previous

Guinness, i put them in the autoit lib folder with the other files, ive had the same install for years

also regexp on variables applies to comments, ; comment $a..... will be listed if you type $a

• Developers

There is a purpose for both and they are both required since the Inline error feature of SciTE uses the STDOUT as the source.

You can doubleclick on any of the shown erros in the SciTE outputpane to jump strait to the listed error.

anyway, I fail to see what is there to be upset about that justifies all of this other than you could be frustrated with yourself having created code with the many errors. Either way... think before posting and try not to let your emotions take over control.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

There is a purpose for both and they are both required since the Inline error feature of SciTE uses the STDOUT as the source.

You can doubleclick on any of the shown erros in the SciTE outputpane to jump strait to the listed error.

Hi,

since Scite 3.20 this won't work any longer for me. I tried "error.inline=0" but it won't help. What must i do to reactivate the "jump to error" feature?

Best wisches

Paul

• Developers

Hi,

since Scite 3.20 this won't work any longer for me. I tried "error.inline=0" but it won't help. What must i do to reactivate the "jump to error" feature?

Best wisches

Paul

Are you sure you are running the full version of the SciTE installer?

If so than Cut&Paste all output from the SciTE Output pane in a reply or PM so I can check what is happening.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Answer given in the reply to your PM:

You are running an old version of au3check so guess the same counts for your AutoIt3 version.

The latest version of au3check puts the filename in doublequotes to support the () in filenames these days.

Just update your au3check to the latest version and this will be fixed.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...

added "error.inline=0" to "SciTEUser.properties" and that got rid of the inline errors, but now i'd like to stop... AU3Check i think... from auto-switching to the script/tab with the error without disabling error checking

for me it is enough to dbbl click the console error to go to the error when i want to, rather than being forced to

while i appreciate the efforts of the developers here, i also agree with the OP and found this new feature incredibly annoying for multiple reasons...

1) i personally find it unnecessary as the console shows the error and navigating to it can be done from the console

2) if you have allot of errors in a short space, it makes the code very difficult to read/edit and, apparently, they cannot be cleared without dumping all your bookmarks as well

3) many are too small to read

4) the auto-scrolling to the error line is an annoyance when you're concentrating on one area of a script and don't care about other errors at the moment

5) auto-switching to the script/tab with error again breaks continuity when you're not worried about what's going on somewhere else at the moment

hope this isn't taken the wrong way by the devs

FUNCTIONS: WinDock (dock window to screen edge) | EditCtrl_ToggleLineWrap (line/word wrap for AU3 edit control) | SendEX (yet another alternative to Send( ) ) | Spell Checker (Hunspell wrapper) | SentenceCase (capitalize first letter of sentences)

CODE SNIPPITS: Dynamic tab width (set tab control width according to window width)

• Developers

I honestly do not understand what is there to get incredibly annoyed about but it is for me pretty easy to give the option to skip the auto-Jump-to-first-error.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded a Beta v2.1.0.35 of AutoIt3Wrapper that supports:

error.jump.to.first=0

Default when not specified will be Jump to first error.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

thank you Jos

i'm sure it's annoying when you take the time to incorporate a new feature and others don't like it but having tabs switch and scripts scroll when i'm trying to concentrate on a particular part is not fun at all

again, thank you

where does "error.jump.to.first=0" go? if it goes in the ini for the wrapper, under what section?

Edited by iCode

FUNCTIONS: WinDock (dock window to screen edge) | EditCtrl_ToggleLineWrap (line/word wrap for AU3 edit control) | SendEX (yet another alternative to Send( ) ) | Spell Checker (Hunspell wrapper) | SentenceCase (capitalize first letter of sentences)

CODE SNIPPITS: Dynamic tab width (set tab control width according to window width)

• 1 month later...

added "error.inline=0" to "SciTEUser.properties" and that got rid of the inline errors, but now i'd like to stop... AU3Check i think... from auto-switching to the script/tab with the error without disabling error checking

for me it is enough to dbbl click the console error to go to the error when i want to, rather than being forced to

while i appreciate the efforts of the developers here, i also agree with the OP and found this new feature incredibly annoying for multiple reasons...

1) i personally find it unnecessary as the console shows the error and navigating to it can be done from the console

2) if you have allot of errors in a short space, it makes the code very difficult to read/edit and, apparently, they cannot be cleared without dumping all your bookmarks as well

3) many are too small to read

4) the auto-scrolling to the error line is an annoyance when you're concentrating on one area of a script and don't care about other errors at the moment

5) auto-switching to the script/tab with error again breaks continuity when you're not worried about what's going on somewhere else at the moment

hope this isn't taken the wrong way by the devs

I have to agree.

It took me 2 hours (maybe I'm getting slow and old, lol) to figure out that the feature is called "error.inline" and another hour to find the solution.

One of my scripts is around 20000 lines long (without all the includes and other called *.au3 files) and ran fine since years. But with this change, everytime I edited some (other) program, I got warnings about something "possibly used before declaration" and Scite jumped away from the work-in-progress to some supporting file that has long been working without any faults ...

But thanks to the helpful people in various places, we now know about

error.inline=0
and maybe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Check=N
but I haven't verified that last one yet - it might disable more than we wish for, lol. Edited by guwguw