Background image change for Windows 7

I was wondering if there was a way in AutoIT to install a standard windows background for windows 7. The script below works fine for XP SP3 but fails on Windows 7 and I think it needs Admin Perms but I'm not sure. Please let me know if its possible.

Cheers!

if not exist "C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info" mkdir "C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info"
if not exist "C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info\backgrounds" mkdir "C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info\backgrounds"
copy "\\mitfile\userdata\everyone\bg\backgroundDefault.jpg" "C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info\backgrounds"
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /V Wallpaper /T REG_SZ /F /D "C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info\backgrounds\backgroundDefault.jpg"
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background" /V OEMBackground /T REG_DWORD /F /D 1

That code isn't AutoIt syntax.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Whoops, sorry.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks for the response. The code snippit you sent will change the background at the login screen, but I need it to change the background image on the desktop so that all machines will have the same background. I'm going to deliver this with SCCM. The environment will be Win 7 x64 and x86.

I started the code in for a Batch file but I want to do it in a code I trust. The last three packages I built in AutoIT worked perfectly.

Thanks

Edited by RBrown1375

Are you on an AD domain? It can be done very easily with group policy if that's the case.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

This is where I set the policy:

User Configuration (Enabled)

Windows Settings

Administrative Templates

Desktop

Active Desktop

Enable Active Desktop = Enabled

Active Desktop Wallpaper

Wallpaper Name: <location of the wallpaper file> use exact path

Example: Using a local path: C:windowswebwallpaperhome.jpg

Example: Using a UNC path: ServerShareCorp.jpg

Wallpaper Style: Tile

Policy Setting

Enable Active Desktop Enabled

Allows HTML and JPEG Wallpaper

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You only need to put it into one GP that affects the user's you're looking to apply this for, as long as you can identify one GP that does that, you shouldn't need to worry about what the rest are doing, as long as there isn't another GP that sets a background wallpaper.

As to a guide to straightening out group policy, I haven't found one yet that's useful for any occasion. I just set them as I see them working best.

Thanks for the replys and I know this isn't the forum for GPO's, butits just wierd that I addedit to the GPO for Win 7 and if I look at the properties of the desktop the correct image is there, but it is not the image I see on the desk top. I'll keep digging and thank you for yoru responses.

Cheers

The GPO's around here are pretty bad and I don't have time to work on them. I wrote this VBscript and it works if I run it by hand but fails in SCCM 2007 and I want to run this in Autoit since I trust it more than VBScript. Can someone tell me if Autoit can do the same thing as this VBS code?

Thanks

***This runs frist to delete the registry setting Wallpaper to get around Windows 7 bugs***
const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001
strComputer = "."

Set oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!" &_
strComputer & "rootdefault:StdRegProv")

strKeyPath = "Control PanelDesktop"
strStringValueName = "Wallpaper"
oReg.DeleteValue HKEY_CURRENT_USER,strKeyPath,strStringValueName

***This runs next to add the new background and set it to strech***

Dim wshShell
Dim sUserName
Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
sUserName = wshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%USERNAME%")

'''If the Operating System is Windows XP set the background to c:WindowsResourcesThemesMIT.bmp
If WshShell.RegRead ("HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionCurrentVersion") = "5.1" Then
sWinDir = oFSO.GetSpecialFolder(0)
sWallPaper = "%systemdrive%WindowswebwallpaperwindowsMIT.bmp"
oShell.RegWrite "HKCUControl PanelDesktopWallpaper", sWallpaper
oShell.Run "%windir%System32RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll, UpdatePerUserSystemParameters", 1, True

'''Otherwise, if the Operating System is Windows 7, set the Theme to C:WindowsResourcesThemesMIT.Theme
ElseIf WshShell.RegRead ("HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionCurrentVersion") = "6.1" Then
sWinDir = oFSO.GetSpecialFolder(0)
sWallPaper = "%systemdrive%WindowswebwallpaperwindowsMIT.bmp"
oShell.RegWrite "HKCUControl PanelDesktopWallpaper", sWallpaper
oShell.Run "%windir%System32RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll, UpdatePerUserSystemParameters", 1, True
End If

Just as an update, thanks for the help but I got it to work in AutoIT and here is my code if someone needs it.

Cheers

; Include a  bitmap found in "C:test.bmp" with the compiled program and put it in "D:mydirtest.bmp" when it is run
Local $b = True
If $b = True Then FileInstall("E:bgbmpMit.bmp", "C:WindowsWebWallpaperWindowsmit.bmp")

RegDelete("HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktop", "wallpaper") ;Deletes the Regkey because of Windows 7 Bug
Sleep(3000)
$wallpaper = FileOpenDialog(@WindowsDir & "", "C:WindowsWebWallpaperWindows(MIT.bmp)", 1)
WallpaperChange($wallpaper)
Func WallpaperChange($image)
;Desktop Position: Stretch
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktop", "Wallpaper", "REG_SZ", "C:WindowsWebWallpaperWindowsMit.bmp")
  RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktop", "WallpaperStyle", "REG_SZ", 2)
   RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktop", "TileWallpaper", "REG_SZ", 0)
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

EndFunc   ;==> WallpaperChange

If its only the Desktop Wallpaper Changer then I have made a script with GUI earlier,

tried hard but wasnt able to make the fade in and out effect seen as by default in Win7

WallpaperChanger GUI - no fading options

#NoTrayIcon
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=....Change Wallpaper.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=y
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
If @Compiled Then RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun", @ScriptName, "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath)
Global $search
#include-once
_Singleton(Binary("XPhoenix|TestX"),0)
OnAutoItExitRegister("_exit")
Dim $iniread,$iniread0,$iniread1
Global Const $GUI_DROPACCEPTED = 8
Global Const $GUI_SHOW = 16
Global Const $GUI_HIDE = 32
Global Const $GUI_ENABLE = 64
Global Const $GUI_DISABLE = 128
Global Const $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE = -3
Global Const $GUI_CHECKED = 1
Global Const $tagSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES = "dword Length;ptr Descriptor;bool InheritHandle"
Global Const $GUI_UNCHECKED = 4
Global Const $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON = 0x0001
Global Const $BS_PUSHLIKE = 0x1000
Global Const $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED = -13
Global Const $GUI_FOCUS = 256
Global $Images,$time,$Gfolder,$continue=True,$gUI,$default="",$ir,$no=1,$RANDOM=True,$it,$z
Global $imgformats[11]
$imgformats[0]="JPG"
$imgformats[1]="TIF"
$imgformats[2]="RLE"
$imgformats[3]="PNG"
$imgformats[4]="GIF"
$imgformats[5]="BMP"
$imgformats[7]="TIFF"
$imgformats[8]="JFIF"
$imgformats[9]="JPEG"
$imgformats[10]="JPE"
$imgformats[6]="DIB"
$directory=@AppDataDir&"Wallpaper"
DirCreate($directory)
$lNi=$directory&"Data.ini"
$Data="ïèª~¦A&â?NS-1-22994-65311`-123551||=123123"
HotKeySet("+!c","_toogle")
If _checkdirectory(0)=0 Then _guicreate(0)
Func _guicreate($pwm)
$gUI=GUICreate("Window",450,200,-1,-1,-1,0x00000018)
$label=GUICtrlCreateLabel("Type the Path of the Image or...",10,10,160,20)
If $pwm=0 Then
$input=GUICtrlCreateInput("Drag Your Folder Containing Image Here",10,40,430,30)
$type=GUICtrlCreateInput("45000",10,110,430,30)
EndIf
If $pwm=1 Then
If $ir<>"" Then
$input=GUICtrlCreateInput($ir,10,40,430,30)
Else
$input=GUICtrlCreateInput($iniread,10,40,430,30)
EndIf
If $it<>"" Then
$type=GUICtrlCreateInput($it,10,110,430,30)
Else
$type=GUICtrlCreateInput($iniread0,10,110,430,30)
EndIf
EndIf
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED)
$label1=GUICtrlCreateLabel("Type The Time Interval Of Change Of Wallpaper in Milliseconds(Decimal Value Supported) ",10,80,439,20)
$ok=GUICtrlCreateButton("&OKAY",310,150,60,40,$BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON)
$cancel=GUICtrlCreateButton("E&XIT",380,150,60,40)
$browse=GUICtrlCreateButton("B&ROWSE",240,150,60,40)
$ChangeR=GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("RA&NDOM",10,150,90,40,$BS_PUSHLIKE)
If $RANDOM=True Then GUICtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_CHECKED)
If $RANDOM=False Then GUICtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_UNCHECKED)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW,$gUI)
While 1
$sMsg=GUIGetMsg()
Switch $sMsg
Case $ok
If GUICtrlRead($ChangeR)=$GUI_CHECKED Then $RANDOM=True
If GUICtrlRead($ChangeR)=$GUI_UNCHECKED Then $RANDOM=False
$ir=GUICtrlRead($input)
$it=GUICtrlRead($type)
If $ir="" Or $type="" Or $ir="Drag Your Folder Containing Image Here" Then
MsgBox(64,"Information","Type The Path Of The Folder",0,$gUI)
GUICtrlSetData($input,"")
GUICtrlSetState($input,$GUI_FOCUS)
ContinueLoop
ElseIf $it<10000 Then
MsgBox(64,"Information","The Timer Should Be Minimum 10 Seconds",0,$gUI)
GUICtrlSetData($type,10000)
ContinueLoop
ElseIf Not FileExists($ir) Then
MsgBox(16,"Error","The File '"&$ir&"' Doesn't Exist.",0,$gUI)
ContinueLoop
ElseIf StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($ir),"D",1)=0 Then
MsgBox(16,"Error","The File '"&$ir&"' is not a Directory",0,$gUI)
ContinueLoop
EndIf
GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE,$gUI)
If _findfileandchangepaper(_checkslash($ir),$it,0)=True Then
GUIDelete($gUI)
_checkdirectory($ir,$it)
_traytip()
_findfileandchangepaper(_checkslash($ir),$it)
ExitLoop
EndIf
Case $browse
$Gfolder=FileSelectFolder("Folder With Images","",1,$default,$gUI)
$default=$Gfolder
_checkdirectory($default,"0",True)
GUICtrlSetData($input,$Gfolder)
Case $cancel
Exit
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
EndSwitch
WEnd
EndFunc
Func _traytip()
Local $x=TimerInit()
While TimerDiff($x)<=12000
ToolTip("To Change The Settings Press Shift+Alt+C",Default,Default,"Information",1,5)
Sleep(10)
WEnd
ToolTip("")
EndFunc
Func _findfileandchangepaper($folder,$time,$pwm=1)
Local $suicude=0
$search=FileFindFirstFile($folder&"*.*")
While 1
$file=FileFindNextFile($search)
If @error Then ExitLoop
$suicude+=1
WEnd
For $i In $imgformats
$search=FileFindFirstFile($folder&"*."&$i)
If $search=-1 Then $suicude-=1
If $suicude=0 Then
$continue=True
MsgBox(64,"Information","There Are No Image Files In The Directory Or The Image Files Are Currently Not Supported",0,$gUI)
Return False
EndIf
While 1
$file=FileFindNextFile($search)
If @error Then ExitLoop
$Images&=$file&"|"
WEnd
Next
If $pwm=0 Then Return True
$continue=False
$z=$folder
AdlibRegister('_change',$time)
While 1
Sleep(10)
WEnd
EndFunc
Func _change()
$split=StringSplit($Images,"|",1)
If $RANDOM Then ChangeDesktopWallpaper($z&$split[Random(1,$split[0],1)],2)
If Not $RANDOM Then
ChangeDesktopWallpaper($z&$split[$no],2)
$no+=1
EndIf
If $no=$split[0] Then $no=1
EndFunc
Func _checkslash($2check)
If StringRight($2check,1)="" Then Return $2check
If StringRight($2check,1)<>"" Then Return $2check&""
EndFunc
Func _checkdirectory($folderx,$time="45000",$edit=False)
If $folderx="0" Then
$iniread2=IniRead($lNi,$Data,"Random","0")
$iniread=IniRead($lNi,$Data,"Folder","0")
$iniread0=IniRead($lNi,$Data,"Time","0")
$iniread1=IniRead($lNi,$Data,"Default",'""')
If $iniread="0" Or $iniread0="0" Or $iniread2="0" Then
Return 0
Else
$default=$iniread1
$RANDOM=$iniread2
_findfileandchangepaper(_checkslash($iniread),$iniread0)
EndIf
ElseIf $edit=True Then
IniWrite($lNi,$Data,"Default",$folderx)
ElseIf $folderx<>"0" Then
IniWrite($lNi,$Data,"Folder",$folderx)
IniWrite($lNi,$Data,"Time",$time)
IniWrite($lNi,$Data,"Random",$RANDOM)
EndIf
EndFunc
Func _toogle()
AdlibUnRegister('_change')
$Images=""
_guicreate(1)
EndFunc
Func _exit()
FileClose($search)
Exit
EndFunc
Func DebugLog($Message, $Line = @ScriptLineNumber)
If Not @Compiled Then
ConsoleWrite("(" & $Line & "): " & $Message & @CRLF)
EndIf
EndFunc ;==>DebugLog
Func _Singleton($sOccurenceName, $iFlag = 0)
Local Const $ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS = 183
Local Const $SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR_REVISION = 1
Local $pSecurityAttributes = 0
If BitAND($iFlag, 2) Then
; The size of SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR is 20 bytes. We just
; need a block of memory the right size, we aren't going to
; access any members directly so it's not important what
; the members are, just that the total size is correct.
Local $tSecurityDescriptor = DllStructCreate("dword[5]")
Local $pSecurityDescriptor = DllStructGetPtr($tSecurityDescriptor)
; Initialize the security descriptor.
Local $aRet = DllCall("advapi32.dll", "bool", "InitializeSecurityDescriptor", _
"ptr", $pSecurityDescriptor, "dword", $SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR_REVISION)
If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)
If $aRet[0] Then
; Add the NULL DACL specifying access to everybody.
$aRet = DllCall("advapi32.dll", "bool", "SetSecurityDescriptorDacl", _
"ptr", $pSecurityDescriptor, "bool", 1, "ptr", 0, "bool", 0)
If $aRet[0] Then
; Create a SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES structure.
Local $structSecurityAttributes = DllStructCreate($tagSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES)
; Assign the members.
DllStructSetData($structSecurityAttributes, 1, DllStructGetSize($structSecurityAttributes))
DllStructSetData($structSecurityAttributes, 2, $pSecurityDescriptor)
DllStructSetData($structSecurityAttributes, 3, 0)
; Everything went okay so update our pointer to point to our structure.
$pSecurityAttributes = DllStructGetPtr($structSecurityAttributes)
EndIf
EndIf
EndIf
Local $handle = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "handle", "CreateMutexW", "ptr", $pSecurityAttributes, "bool", 1, "wstr", $sOccurenceName)
Local $lastError = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "dword", "GetLastError")
If $lastError[0] = $ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS Then
If BitAND($iFlag, 1) Then
Return SetError($lastError[0], $lastError[0], 0)
Else
Exit -1
EndIf
EndIf
Return $handle[0]
EndFunc ;==>_Singleton

Func ChangeDesktopWallpaper($bmp,$style)
;===============================================================================
; Usage: _ChangeDesktopWallPaper(@WindowsDir & '' & 'zapotec.bmp')
; Parameter(s): $bmp - Full Path to BitMap File (*.bmp)
; Requirement(s): None.
; Return Value(s): On Success - Returns 0
; On Failure - -1
;===============================================================================

If Not FileExists($bmp) Then Return -1
;The $SPI* values could be defined elsewhere via #include - if you conflict,
; remove these, or add if Not IsDeclared "SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER" Logic
Local $SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER = 20
Local $SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE = 1
Local $SPIF_SENDCHANGE = 2
Local $REG_DESKTOP= "HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktop"
;Don't tile - just center
If $style=0 Or $style=2 Then
RegWrite($REG_DESKTOP, "TileWallPaper", "REG_SZ", 0)
RegWrite($REG_DESKTOP, "WallpaperStyle", "REG_SZ", $style)
Else
RegWrite($REG_DESKTOP, "TileWallPaper", "REG_SZ", $style)
RegWrite($REG_DESKTOP, "WallpaperStyle", "REG_SZ", 0)
EndIf

RegWrite($REG_DESKTOP, "Wallpaper", "REG_SZ", $bmp)

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SystemParametersInfo","int", $SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER, "int", 1, "str", $bmp, "int", BitOR($SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE, $SPIF_SENDCHANGE))

Return 0
EndFunc;==>_ChangeDestopWallpaper
Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

I'll take a look at your script, but right now I'm trying to figure out why my script runs just fine by hand, but fails with SCCM 2007. SCCM delivers the script, adds the BMP, but doesn't seem to want to write to the registry, I added this to the script above:

Local $sUserName = "MyName" ;Domain Admin level

Local $sPassword = "MyPassword"

RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, @SystemDir)

But even with these permissions, it doesn't write to the registry. If I right click the script and do a "run as admin" it works everytime. I will look your script over later and thank you for posting it.I do have SCCM set to run it as Admin as well and I have made sure no GPO is stopping it from writing to the registry. Just in time for Halloween- Spooky! :mellow:

Cheers