MsoCommandBar management and UDF

Hi everybody,

I'm having trouble to manage the control with ClassNameNN MsoCommandBar5 of a PowerPoint application. This control corresponds to the Menubar of PowerPoint. In short, I just want to use the command paste, without using the keystroke "^v".

I have found a way of doing that in a manner that is not very satisfying because it is striclty equivalent to sending "^v" using the following command lines :

$hPPT = WinGetHandle ("")
ControlSend($hPPT, "", "MsoCommandBar5", "Eo") ; I'm using a french version of PPT. "Eo" corresponds to "&Edition/C&oller" which means Edit/Paste

Does anyone know how to handle the different menu items of this MsoCommandBar ? Is there any UDF existing on this particular control by chance ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

Why use the control to paste some content to PowerPoint?

PowerPoint has a COM interface so it should be easy to paste the content to a presentation.

Can you elaborate on what you exactly want to do?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hey water,

Thanks for quick answer :)

Actually, I'm simply automating a Copy Paste of a picture on a slide that is managed with an old version of Paint Shop Pro software. I would also like to play with the properties of the picture I have just Paste on my slide.

Edited by Eazyrider

Here is the to the PowerPoint UDF (User Defined Functions). It could be a starting point to do what you want.

Where do you want to position the pasted picture?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I'm actually reading stuff in the help menu about the COM. Since I'm a beginner, I didn't even know the existance of that :idiot:. Looks very powerful.

To be precise, I want to resize the picture by setting the height and reposition it at the Horizontal location 2.16cm and Vertical 2.32cm.

Thanks again for your help water !

Small example script (reduced to the max) to create a new PPT presentation, add a slide and paste the PNG file to the slide, reposition it and reduce width and height by 50%.

if you have a JPG in your clipboard replace $ppPastePNG with $ppPasteJPG.

$oPPT_Error = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "PowerPoint_ErrorHandler")

Global Const $PPLAYOUTTEXT = 2
Global Const $ppPasteBitmap = 1
Global Const $ppPasteDefault = 0
Global Const $ppPasteEnhancedMetafile = 2
Global Const $ppPasteGIF = 4
Global Const $ppPasteHTML = 8
Global Const $ppPasteJPG = 5
Global Const $ppPasteMetafilePicture = 3
Global Const $ppPasteOLEObject = 10
Global Const $ppPastePNG = 6
Global Const $ppPasteRTF = 9
Global Const $ppPasteShape = 11
Global Const $ppPasteText = 7
; Open PPT
Global $oAppl = ObjCreate("PowerPoint.Application")
If @error Or Not IsObj($oAppl) Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error creating PPT application. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
$oAppl.Visible = True
; Get presentation interface
$oPresInterface = $oAppl.Presentations
; Add Presentation
Global $oPresentation = $oPresInterface.Add(True)
; Create a new slide with text layout, index = 1
Global $oSlide1 = $oPresentation.Slides.Add(1, $PPLAYOUTTEXT)
; Paste the picture
$oRange = $oPresentation.Slides(1).Shapes.PasteSpecial($ppPastePNG)
If @error Or Not IsObj($oRange) Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "Clipboard is empty or contains invalid data type. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
; Position the picture
MsgBox(0, "", "...")
$oRange.left = 100
$oRange.Top = 150
MsgBox(0, "", "...")
$oRange.Height = $oRange.Height/2
$oRange.Width = $oRange.Width/2
MsgBox(0, "", "...")
; Close PPT
$oAppl.Quit()

Func PowerPoint_ErrorHandler()

Local $bHexNumber = Hex($oPPT_Error.number, 8)
Local $sError = "COM Error Encountered in " & @ScriptName & @CRLF & _
"@AutoItVersion = " & @AutoItVersion & @CRLF & _
"@AutoItX64 = " & @AutoItX64 & @CRLF & _
"@Compiled = " & @Compiled & @CRLF & _
"@OSArch = " & @OSArch & @CRLF & _
"@OSVersion = " & @OSVersion & @CRLF & _
"Scriptline = " & $oPPT_Error.scriptline & @CRLF & _
"NumberHex = " & $bHexNumber & @CRLF & _
"Number = " & $oPPT_Error.number & @CRLF & _
"WinDescription = " & StringStripWS($oPPT_Error.WinDescription, 2) & @CRLF & _
"Description = " & StringStripWS($oPPT_Error.description, 2) & @CRLF & _
"Source = " & $oPPT_Error.Source & @CRLF & _
"HelpFile = " & $oPPT_Error.HelpFile & @CRLF & _
"HelpContext = " & $oPPT_Error.HelpContext & @CRLF & _
"LastDllError = " & $oPPT_Error.LastDllError
MsgBox(64, "Debug Info", $sError)
EndFunc ;==>PowerPoint_ErrorHandler

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Very nice Water ! Thanks alot :thumbsup:.

I just replaced PNG by Default to make it work.

Now I have a very minor problem : I noticed that straight after the creation of the object,

Global $oAppl = ObjCreate("PowerPoint.Application")
the clipboard gets empty... I don't see any reason why... though it's not a big problem in my application since I can copy paste after I create the ppt file. It's just to understand things... :graduated:

Seems to be a problem with $ppPasteDefault. As soon as a I use $ppPastePNG or $ppPasteJPG it works just fine.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Oddly, it behaves in a different way on my comp : when PowerPoint is already open, if I launch your program as you wrote it (just changing $ppPastePNG with $ppPasteDefault), it works fine, the clipboard doesn't get empty and the picture is correctly pasted. Now if the PowerPoint application is closed and that Autoit generates a new one with the command ObjCreate, I can see that the clipboard is now empty... anyway it is not that terrible, just weird... and somehow disturbing :huh:

PS: I think this is my last post available for today... I will keep you inform tomorrow Water of the evolution tomorrow. Thanks again for your time !

Which version of PowerPoint do you run?

I use PowerPoint 2010.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Glad to be of service :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki