Gui Freezes after switching and needs a click to start working again

Newb

As title says, I'm making a screen color picker which I use for various purposes like webdesign and such.

I use Alt+X to switch between normal GUI and a palette version of the gui. When I do that, GUI freezes and needs a click to get back working like it should. Why that? I tried to set focus with GuiCtrlSetState or to simulate clicks with ControlClick on the gui, but nothing... Any clue?

(PS: I knew abou Melba23 gui extender but I don't really want to include other code and keep the program as smallest as possible)

Here's the source:

<snip>

Edited by Melba23
Removed code to prevent post formatting problems

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

Uh-oh... I quoted something wrong in there? I'm seeing forum layout in there?? My signature/edit buttons and such :huh:

Edited by Newb

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

• Moderators

Newb,

This tends to happen if you have weird unicode characters in the script - which you will notice is also cut short. The forum software somehow gets confused and adds the post controls into the post itself. :(

Try removing all non-standard characters and post again. If that does not work, just add the file as an attachment - use the "Full Editor" option to do that. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

OK thanks, I tried to remove weird stuff :guitar:

If you're asking what it does to not skim throught all the code it just picks the color on the screen and lets you copy it into clipboard. The problem of the code is in the _DrawNoPalette and _DrawPalette gui switching (at least I believe!)

#include
#include

Func _Exit()
Exit
EndFunc ;==>_Exit

Sorry to ask you people once more, but I think his error is about some deep mechanics of the GUI I would never discover and my only way to fix it would be to do the whole GUI switching in another way.

Edited by Newb

• Moderators

Newb,

That took a bit of finding! :sweating:

The problem is your use of Alt-x to switch the GUIs. Using this HotKey is blocking the script until you click - setting it to Ctrl-Alt-x solves the problem. :)

From a Google search it looks like Alt-x is often bound by other apps and best avoided. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Yeah, worked fine, thanks. I tried to set different alt+key only keys but all of them freeze, so i had to set a ctrl+alt+key one <_<

Well, whatever, thanks Melba23, you rock as usual

PS: I tried again to find something about this problem on google/autoit forum now tha i know what it is and I found hard getting any info on it :mellow: lol)

Edited by Newb