StringRegExp General Help

Here is an error I found in your workaround

That's correct, I don't want any reference of $j in the nested loops as I want to create a list of variables in the function, plus that's bad coding practice using $j in that way.

I will have a look at your implementation. Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Do you wish to remove variables used as the iteration count in a For Loop, but also appearing outside the loop? If so, do you intend to ignore variables explicitly declared outside the For loop? What do you intend to do if a global is used as the loop iteration count variable - assuming people will do stuff like this?

Edited by czardas

Do you wish to remove variables initiated in a For Loop, but also appearing outside the loop?

No, if people use them outside the For loop then that's their issue. I'm trying to improve the exporting feature of SciTE Jump. Same goes for those who declare Global variables in a function.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Ah, I strip all functions first and then capture '$vVar =' instances to an array.

UDF List:

Ah, I strip all functions first and then capture '$vVar =' instances to an array.

Hmm ok. What about something like this? - strange as it is!

Global $i

ModifyGlobal()

Func ModifyGlobal()
    Local $iStop = 10
    For $i = $i To $iStop Step 2
        ConsoleWrite($i & @LF)
    Next
    ;$i = ""
EndFunc

Another more likely scenario to consider (if you haven't done so already) is variables assigned ByRef. You don't find the string '$gvNotAssigned =' in the following example:

Global $gvNotAssigned

_Assign($gvNotAssigned)

Func _Assign(ByRef $var)
    $var = 1
EndFunc

I'm just offering some thoughts on the subject. I imagine you will have considered this.

Edited by czardas

I'm trying to make a regexp to only match valid numbers.

;pattern:
;-?(\d?[.,])?\d+

;my explanation:
;-?                 ;match a hypen (may not may not appear)
;(\d?[.,])        ;match any digit (may not may not appear) plus dot or comma.
;\d+               ;match any digit plus any length

The problem is that it matches when I set more than one hypen, dot or comma; I have tried this pattern: "-?{1}" without any success.

;e.g :
;--0.5 ;not good
;-0..5 ;not good
;-0.5 ;ok
;0.5 ;ok
;.5   ;ok
;,555 ;ok

Thanks for anyhelp.

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

• Moderators

FireFox,

This script limiting an input to valid numbers should help: :)

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>

Global $iDecimal = 2

GUICreate("Input Filter", 300, 30, -1, -1)
Global $inTest = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 5, 5, 290)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "_WM_COMMAND")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
WEnd

Func _WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

Local $iIDFrom = BitAND($wParam, 0xFFFF);LoWord
    Local $iCode = BitShift($wParam, 16) ;HiWord

If $iIDFrom = $inTest And $iCode = $EN_CHANGE Then

$Read_Input = GUICtrlRead($inTest)
        If StringRegExp($Read_Input, '[^\d.-]|([{0-9,1}^\A-])[^\d.]') Then $Read_Input = StringRegExpReplace($Read_Input, '[^\d.-]|([{0-9,1}^\A-])[^\d.]', '\1')
        $Point1 = StringInStr($Read_Input, ".", 0)
        $Point2 = StringInStr($Read_Input, ".", 0, 2)
        If $Point2 <> 0 Then $Read_Input = StringLeft($Read_Input, $Point2 - 1)
        If $Point1 <> 0 Then $Read_Input = StringLeft($Read_Input, $Point1 + $iDecimal)
        GUICtrlSetData($inTest, $Read_Input)

EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>_WM_COMMAND

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

if those are the only potential pitfalls in your usage can you just check for those and then proceed if unmatched?

If stringregexp($num , "(--|\.\.|,,)") Then
msgbox (0, '' , "invalid number")
else
Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

FireFox

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

$hGui = GUICreate('Только число', 220, 180)
$iInput = GUICtrlCreateInput('', 10, 10, 200, 20, -1, $WS_EX_STATICEDGE)
GUISetState()
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, 'WM_COMMAND')

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $imsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    Local $nNotifyCode, $nID, $sText, $iInput0
    $nNotifyCode = BitShift($iwParam, 16)
    $nID = BitAND($iwParam, 0xFFFF)
    Switch $hWnd
        Case $hGui
            Switch $nID
                Case $iInput
                    Switch $nNotifyCode
                        Case $EN_CHANGE
                            $iInput0 = GUICtrlRead($iInput)
                            ; $sText = StringRegExp($iInput0, '(\d+(\.(\d+)?)?)', 2)
                            ; $sText = StringRegExp($iInput0, '(-?(\d+([.,](\d+)?)?)?)', 2)
                            $sText = StringRegExp($iInput0, '([.,](\d+)?)|(-?(\d+([.,](\d+)?)?)?)', 2)
                            If @error Then
                                GUICtrlSetData($iInput, '')
                            Else
                                If $iInput0 <> $sText[0] Then GUICtrlSetData($iInput, $sText[0])
                            EndIf
                    EndSwitch
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_COMMAND
Edited by AZJIO

The WM_COMMAND code is borrowed from that of AZJIO

The regex code is easy. You can easily decode it. If you are not aware then look for LookBehind here

Supports

• International number system that is three numbers after which there should be a comma.
  • The number cannot have comma succeeding a decimal
  • There should be three numbers before the decimal, with the exception if the number has no comma or is starting with a decimal.
  • The start could either be by a "-" or "digit" or "." or ","
I was just wondering if you needed a delemiter support[like SPACE] so that it could support multiple numbers ?

Hope it fits your requirement. Please mention if something has to be modified

$hGui = GUICreate('?????? ?????', 220, 180)
GUISetState()

While 1
Switch GUIGetMsg()
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
EndSwitch
WEnd

If $ilParam <> GUICtrlGetHandle($iInput) Then Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
Local $nNotifyCode, $nID, $sText
Static $spText = ''

Switch $nNotifyCode
Case $EN_CHANGE
$sText = GUICtrlRead($iInput)
If Not StringRegExp($sText, '^(-)?(\d*\.\d*|(\d{1,3}|^)(?:,\d{0,3})+(?:(?<=\d{3})\.\d*)?|\d*)$') Then
GUICtrlSetData($iInput, $spText)
Else
$spText = $sText
EndIf
EndSwitch

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc ;==>WM_COMMAND
Regards :) Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

• Moderators

PhoenixXL,

Very nice.

I have been trying (and failing :() to incorporate a limit to the digits permitted after the decimal point. I am thinking of currency values where there can be only 2 or 3 "pence/cents" digits. Any chance you can put me out of my misery? :D

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

@M23

Here we go

$iMaxDecimalCount = 2;<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Here it is

$hGui = GUICreate('?????? ?????', 220, 180)
GUISetState()

While 1
Switch GUIGetMsg()
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
EndSwitch
WEnd

If $ilParam <> GUICtrlGetHandle($iInput) Then Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
Local $nNotifyCode, $nID, $sText
Static $spText = ''

Switch $nNotifyCode
Case $EN_CHANGE
$sText = GUICtrlRead($iInput)
If Not StringRegExp($sText, '^(-)?(\d*\.\d{0,' & $iMaxDecimalCount & '}|(\d{1,3}|^)(?:,\d{0,3})+(?:(?<=\d{3})\.\d{0,' & $iMaxDecimalCount & '})?|\d*)$') Then
GUICtrlSetData($iInput, $spText)
Else
$spText = $sText
EndIf
EndSwitch

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_COMMAND
Regards :)

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

• Moderators

PhoenixXL,

Thanks. I can see where I was going wrong now - close but no cigar. :(

M23

Spoiler

@PhoenixXL

Thank you for your example, however this is a special input that does not match international number system.

I'm back for another regexp :

I would like to match any variable name declared in a script, this is what I've tried so far :

#include <Array.au3>

$s = "Local $toto = 'toto', $tata = 'tata' _" & @CrLf & @TAB & @TAB & "$titi = 'titi', $tutu = 'tutu'"

$a = StringRegExp($s, "(?s)(?:Local|Global)(\s?\$\w+)(,\s?\$\w+)", 3)

_ArrayDisplay($a)

;success output :
;[0] = $toto
;[1] = $tata
;[2] = $titi
;[3] = $tutu

As PhoenixXL said to me, it's not possible to match two things and I don't know if it's the case here to match a variable name after the declaration scope and the variables after each comma.

This pattern is not complete as it should match splitted lines, the tab characters may not appear depending on the tidy.

I promise, when I will have some time to spare I will learn the regexp thanks to your links :P

Edited by FireFox