Citrix and Keyboard input

Juvigy

1. I have a citrix desctop that cant install anything on.

2. I have a list of names.Lets call it VIP list - for example 'John Dow' .

I want to make a small program that runs on the desctop that connects to the citrix that when somebody goes to the Citrix desctop and starts a third party program and types 'John Dow' a popup would appear and say " This is a VIP" . How can i make this work? Any other way i can go instead of raw keyboard monitoring ?

'John Dow'

Search for HotStrings

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

I found something similar to AutoIt - AutoHotKey. But it supports only V2 and there are a lot of differences.

Can this feature 'hotstrings' be added to AutoIt ?Maybe someone worked on similar UDF?

What i whant to accomplish is : When you tipe 'John Dow' a msg box to pop up and say "This is VIP"

Download HotString from

and then Try This

#include <HotString.au3>

HotStringSet('John{SPACE}Dow','This')

Func This()
MsgBox(0,'','This is a VIP')
EndFunc

While 1
Sleep(10)
WEnd
Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Thanks - the search didnt find this UDF - i searched for "Hotstrings".

'John Dow' doesnt work though - if i put 'John' only it works.

I tried 'John{Space}Dow' but this doesnt work either.

Found it:

HotStringSet('john'&'{Space}'&'dow', "examplefunction")

Edited by Juvigy

it works for me maybe you could try with StringLower i.e. 'john{space}dow'

My code:

This works for me - HotStringSet('john'&'{Space}'&'dow', "examplefunction") - strangely 'john{space}dow' didnt work.

Edit:

I am doing something like this:

For $i= 1 to UBound($users)-1 step 1

HotStringSet($users[$i][6], "examplefunction")

Next

Where $users is array containing all the VIP users.

How can i know which hotstring has called the example function?:

Func examplefunction()

MsgBox(0,"","This is VIP -"$Trigger)

EndFunc

I dont want to create different example function for every VIP user...

Edited by Juvigy