DLLCall Problem

Mikon

here is my code

Func ProcessGetFileName($PId)
    Local $PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS = 0x1F0FFF
    Local $P_HANDLE = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "OpenProcess", "int", $PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS, "int", 0, "int", $PId)
    Local $Buffer
    Local $Check = DllCall("psapi.dll", "int", "GetProcessImageFileName", "int", $P_HANDLE[0], "str", $Buffer, "int", 4095);this is the line with the error
    DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "CloseHandle", "int", $P_HANDLE[0])
    If $Check[0] Then Return $Buffer
    Return ""
EndFunc

i commented the line, where the problem is

i hope you can help me with this

thanks, Mikon

use DllStruct.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wrong answer! Here's why.

here is my code

Local $P_HANDLE = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "OpenProcess", "int", $PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS, "int", 0, "int", $PId)
    Local $Buffer
    Local $Check = DllCall("psapi.dll", "int", "GetProcessImageFileName", "int", $P_HANDLE[0], "str", $Buffer, "int", 4095);this is the line with the error
    If $Check[0] Then Return $Buffer
    Return ""
EndFunc

i commented the line, where the problem is

i hope you can help me with this

thanks, Mikon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quite simply, this is a RTFM opportunity. The variable $Buffer is not modified itself (Its not even needed). Instead (as the documentation points out), any variables which are changed by the function can be found in the array that is returned. So the information you seek is located in $Check[2], not in $Buffer (Which you don't need, as I mentioned).

Here is the correct code. I had to changed 3 things. First, the correct version of PSAPI.dll was not being found so I explicitly qualified it with a path. Second, because of the first, the script was crashing. I added in code to save @error and check it later on so you won't access an invalid array element if the DllCall() failed. I also removed $Buffer.

Local $Check = DllCall(@SystemDir & "\psapi.dll", "int", "GetProcessImageFileName", "int", $P_HANDLE[0], "str", "", "int", 4095);this is the line with the error
    Local $error = @error; Save @error state
    If $error Or Not $Check[0] Then Return ""
    Return $Check[2]
EndFunc