New to this, wondering if this is possible?

There are several processes I complete at work that require a repetition of tasks up to 60 times.

Once I've logged in to the site I repeat the following:

Click link (Worker's name) if work has been invoiced

Click another link on new page ("Print") website downloads a timesheet to PDF

Click downloaded PDF to open it

Print (sent to printer) 2 copies

Save to network drive Workers>company>Timesheets as "Worker Name -Date Range of Timesheet"

Close PDF

Go back to list of worker's names

Repeat with next worker, until entire list has been printed.

I also do this with their invoices, minus saving them.

Is this possible with AutoIt, or do I need to look into different software?

Thanks!

The IE UDF (User Defined Functions for Microsoft Internet Explorer) is a good place to start.

It's not an easy beginners task. Give it a try and if you get stuck, ask :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Questions:

What do I define the $o_object variable as? It's in all of the IE Functions I've seen.

How would use Linkclickbyreference? I assume it clicks a spot on the screen based on coordinates?

How do I use _IEAction to click a Java link?

what does ByRef do/mean?

Thanks!

Edited by andrewtclarkson

$o_object is a parameter. It's always described below the format of the function call in the help file.

The IE UDF doesn't use screen coordinates, it uses the COM interface.

ByRef means that the parameter isn't passed as value to the function (thus doubling the needed memory) but as a refrence to the storage location where the parameter is stored in the calling function (or main script).

If you can post the html code you like to process we can tell you what to do. We need information about the format (forms, buttons etc.) to help you.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ok... can you explain that in terms someone brand new to this would understand?

$o_object - what should it be described as and how?

What is the COM interface?

Do I need byRef? Why or why not?

I'm a little wary of posting the code for the site as it's for work, and a lot of sensitive info.

I'll see what I can do.

$o_object is the name of a parameter. Which information you have to pass as a parameter depends on the function you use and is described there.

COM is a way to interact with the IE. Best described here.

You very seldom need ByRef. It's in the docu to tell you that you have to pass a variable. Constants don't work with ByRef.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki