Delete a Shortcut...

I'm unable to reproduce, sorry...

I tried several MSI packages (running msi V 3.01.4000.1823)

And I also tried some shortcuts created by a REAL installer like Inno...

I can't make it NOT work!!!  :whistle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess it's best to post your complete code now. Some further ideas:

1.) have you checked if the files/directories are write protected?

2.) temporarily disable your personal firewall and your virus scanner and then test again.

3.) Can you delete the files with the dos command DEL?

4.) Can you rename the files FileMove() and then delete them?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

After changing from @DesktopDir to @DesktopCommonDir it worked ok for me....FileGetShortcut(),FileDelete() and FileRecycle() worked ok with the adobe shortcut.....

$var=FileGetShortcut(@DesktopCommonDir & "\adobe.lnk")

For $i=0 to 6
MsgBox(0,"",$var[$i])
Next

FileDelete(@DesktopCommonDir & "\adobe.lnk")
;FileRecycle(@DesktopCommonDir & "\adobe.lnk")

C ya

Okay this is what did it for me. I was using the proper @macro, but I failed to add the "\" before my link name when using FileDelete(@macro & "\someshort.lnk". So what I did is changed the directory to the proper place and it deleted with ease.

I wish it wasnt such a simple error :dance: but atleast I learned something. :whistle:

Anyone if you have any issues please let me know.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I wish it wasnt such a simple error  :dance: but atleast I learned something.  :whistle:

I think it's better to post the code with a problem. Otherwise people try to recreate the problem. This leads to a lot of work, which can be avoided by checking the erroneous code.

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I think it's better to post the code with a problem. Otherwise people try to recreate the problem. This leads to a lot of work, which can be avoided by checking the erroneous code.

Cheers

Kurt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I most certainly will, though I posted some psuedo code. I thought it was more of a bug, not a problem with my code as I wasnt the only one having the issue. I searched the forum before I posted, and saw one or two others.

Thanks for your help even though I didnt post as I should have. Been along time since I posted a help topic :whistle::dance:

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)