Execute 1 .exe with domain admin rights for all users after logon.

Jorin

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. So I will start by saying hello! My name is Jorin and I work at a school as a network administrator. I was looking for a way to deploy the latest updates for flash, java, shockwave etc. Now I have find a pretty program wich does all that. Only problem, the program needs to be run with administrator rights. Now I could use the runas command with the /savecred option, but then I have to do that for every user seperatly plus they can use that for everything (if they knew).

I was told that I could fix my problem with this program, I have been looking in to it a bit. But for me its like abracadabra. So I was wondering if someone here might help me with this.

This is what I want:

The student logon to a computer, when he is logged in the program should start with admin rights. Install the updates or do nothing when there are no updates (the executeble does this).

This should happen with every logon and on every computer.

Already thanks,

The update script should be ran from 1 machine, and carry out the updates remotely.

Perhaps a script on each students machine should contact the prime machine to alert

it of its presence on the network, once successful of that, exit (probably would not need admin privs)

at which point the prime machine carries out its task.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

@John, thanks it sounds logical. Only I have no clue on how to accomplish that. I have no scripting experience at all unfortunatly.

@Caleb, I know I could do it that way, only then I have to download every new update myself and make it ready for deployment. With the external program I dont have to do anything. It is just 1 .exe file I open and it checks wether or not there are updates available if there are they will be installed. So if I can make that program to run as an administrator when users are logged I never have to look at java or adobe updates again.

@John, thanks it sounds logical. Only I have no clue on how to accomplish that. I have no scripting experience at all unfortunatly.

@Caleb, I know I could do it that way, only then I have to download every new update myself and make it ready for deployment. With the external program I dont have to do anything. It is just 1 .exe file I open and it checks wether or not there are updates available if there are they will be installed. So if I can make that program to run as an administrator when users are logged I never have to look at java or adobe updates again.

i see what you mean now. i'm at work, will look when i am available if you haven't made it yet.

I have zero knowledge of networking in AutoIt, but I can tell you how I would proceed.

With a server client model using the TCP functions.

EDIT: at least for the logon notification part :ENDEDIT

I cannot help you much with that as like I said I've never used them at all but there are

simple examples of it in the example script forums, and of course the help file.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.