2d ArraySearch for Column Element and ArrayDelete Element Row

Good Evening All,

So... I dug around AutoIT forums and I'm still going out of my mind ;) (nothing new) trying to figure out how to loop through my entire 2d array with a search - and delete the entire array ROW that matched up to my search criteria. Something like...

I'm trying to find anything in my array that matches "_FDL" or whatever criteria necessary and DELETE the ENTIRE ROW, next, next next...

My array now has 12 Columns and about 350 rows - so far I can't delete "beans" lol.

For $element = UBound($aSP_WorkflowMain01) - 1 To 1 Step -1
If _ArraySearch($aSP_WorkflowMain01[$element], "_FDL",0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1 ) <> -1 Then
_ArrayDelete($aSP_WorkflowMain01, $element)
EndIf
Next
_ArrayDisplay ($aSP_WorkflowMain01, "Total Array - FDL")

It's late soooo... ya know. lol

I love AutoIT - no freakin question - just some things are always going to be over my head - sry.

:ILA2:

Edited by souldjer777

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"
Song Title: I guess you could say
Artist: Middle Class Rut

Is the search phrase in only one column of the array all of the time? Use _ArraySearch to find the "row" that the phrase was found at, then you can use _ArrayDelete to delete that row.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi BrewManNH,

Yes, in this particular case I believe it is in just one row that I was to search for _FDL entries.

So, what am I doing wrong here? Will this loop go through an entire 2d array column deleting all the "_FDL" entry rows?

Sorry I didn't get back sooner - at about 10:30 EST I was having trouble accessing the Forum (probably my pc).

For $element = UBound($aSP_WorkflowMain01) - 1 To 1 Step -1
If _ArraySearch($aSP_WorkflowMain01[$element], "_FDL",0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1 ) <> -1
Then _ArrayDelete($aSP_WorkflowMain01, $element)
EndIf
Next _ArrayDisplay ($aSP_WorkflowMain01, "Total Array - FDL")

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"

_ArraySearch searches an array, not an element of the array.

This might work for you, untested so it might need tweaking

While 1
$element = _ArraySearch($aSP_WorkflowMain01, "_FDL", 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1)
    If $element >= 0 Then ; _FDL was found if >= 0
        _ArrayDelete($aSP_WorkflowMain01, $element) ; delete the element
        If Not IsArray($aSP_WorkflowMain01) Then ExitLoop ; if the array is empty after the delete, exit the loop
    Else ; _FDL wasn't found
        ExitLoop ; exit the While loop
    EndIf
WEnd
Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

(earlier) Thank you for the reply BrewManNH and thanks for the help! I'll check it out right now!

(later) Yes! It worked! Thank you BrewManNH! I know you guys don't always like submitting code for folks and I hate asking, I really do it's like a last resort but I'm no programmer (not yet ;) ) ... I've tried on my own believe me... thank you so much!!! Woohoo!

While 1
$element = _ArraySearch($aSP_WorkflowMain01, "_FDL", 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0)
If $element >= 0 Then ; _FDL was found if >= 0 ; _FDL was found
If Not IsArray($aSP_WorkflowMain01) Then ExitLoop ; if the array is empty after the delete, exit the loop
Else ; _FDL wasn't found
EndIf
WEnd

Worked like a charm!

Edited by souldjer777

FYI - A while back this worked but it would only pick up on EXACT strings in the 2d array which didn't work if any change to the element was made.

:oops:

For $i = Ubound($aNewArray) - 1 to 0 Step - 1
If $aNewArray[$i] == "_FDL " Or $aNewArray[$i] == "_RRT" then _ArrayDelete($aNewArray, $i)
Next

BrewManNH got it working with the loop that searches any "like" elements here... which totally rocks :guitar:

While 1
$element = _ArraySearch($aSP_WorkflowMain01, "_FDL", 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0)
If $element >= 0 Then ; _FDL was found if >= 0 ; _FDL was found
Else ; _FDL wasn't found
EndIf
WEnd

:graduated: - Thanks again!

The reason it only matched on exact matches, I'm assuming you mean case sensitive matches, was because you used "==" instead of "=", "==" is for case sensitive string comparisons.