Intercepting messagebox from dll

Aktonius

I am using pixelsearch library from fastfrench but it sometimes throws annoying popup that dll cant be opened, so i went around this by looping dllopen() until it works and normally it opens on second try.

Now all i really need is to intercept messagebox from dll and shut it down and i am good to go :)

Any ideas?

• Moderators

Any ideas?

Give more information?! :idea:

How about an example of the code you're working with, and example of the messagebox you're receiving, or some further explanation as JohnOne requested above? Otherwise, we're just guessing.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

If you open the FastFind.au3 file, and look at the function InitFFDll, you will quite clearly see that there are 2 places that the author used MsgBoxes to tell you where there's a problem. Not the way I'd do it, but I'm not the author, you can quite easily change those lines to not have message boxes and have them return a value telling you that there was an error. I'd also remove the Exit commands from those two places as well if you want to try and initialize the process more than once.

This wasn't hard at all to find, and with a little effort on your part you could have fixed this in about 10 seconds.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

If you open the FastFind.au3 file, and look at the function InitFFDll, you will quite clearly see that there are 2 places that the author used MsgBoxes to tell you where there's a problem. Not the way I'd do it, but I'm not the author, you can quite easily change those lines to not have message boxes and have them return a value telling you that there was an error. I'd also remove the Exit commands from those two places as well if you want to try and initialize the process more than once.

This wasn't hard at all to find, and with a little effort on your part you could have fixed this in about 10 seconds.

Dont be so sure it was the only message box you saw :)

I really dont know what you guys want elaborated, explained. As i already said the dll from library throws messagebox which needs to be intercepted and shut-down. Can it be more clear then that really? And no it is not msgbox() from fastfind.au3 that can be fixed in 1-10 seconds :wacko:

@Trancexxx

thanks, will try

Edited by Aktonius

Dont be so sure it was the only message box you saw :)

I really dont know what you guys want elaborated, explained. As i already said the dll from library throws messagebox which needs to be intercepted and shut-down. Can it be more clear then that really? And no it is not msgbox() from fastfind.au3 that can be fixed in 1-10 seconds :wacko:

Show us the code you're using, show us the error message received, tell us what version of AutoIt you're using, tell us what OS you're using, tell us which version of the OS you're using (x86 or x64). That's how you elaborate the problem. Right now we have nothing other than that you're getting a message box when you try to open the dll, that's not at all going to get you any help.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

Show us the code you're using, show us the error message received, tell us what version of AutoIt you're using, tell us what OS you're using, tell us which version of the OS you're using (x86 or x64). That's how you elaborate the problem. Right now we have nothing other than that you're getting a message box when you try to open the dll, that's not at all going to get you any help.

You've now had three members of this forum ask you for more detail. We are more than happy to assist, but cannot be expected to guess at what you're trying to do.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!