HH:MM:SS Timer Tooltip

Tru

Hello.

I am trying to figure out a way to make this show the proper Hours:Minutes:Seconds in a tooltip, and I just can't seem to get it to calculate correctly.

It will properly get 1 of the 3, but combined, after hitting the 00:01:00 mark the seconds continue on into oblivion and don't stop.

Do I need to do some sort of If $Seconds = 60 Then '$Seconds = 0' reset type thing?

Local $MSeconds = Round(TimerDiff($T)/100, 0)
Local $Seconds = Round(TimerDiff($T)/1000, 0)
If $Seconds < 10 Then
$Seconds = "0" & $Seconds
EndIf
Local $Minutes = Round($Seconds/60, 0)
If $Minutes < 10 Then
$Minutes = "0" & $Minutes
EndIf
Local $Hours = Round($Minutes/60, 0)
If $Hours < 10 Then
$Hours = "0" & $Hours
EndIf
Local $TStamp = String($Hours & ":"& $Minutes & ":" & $Seconds)

Or do I need to parse the values somehow?

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Tru

I'm not trying to show the current time, I'm trying to show the amount of time running an autoit script using TimerInit()

If there is any easier way, please fill me.

Edited by Tru

At this point, this is just a test script to get a working timer going. I just want it to count how long the script has been running.

HotKeySet('{PAUSE}', "Pause")
HotKeySet('{END}', "Stop")

Global $Go = True
Global $On = True
Global $T = TimerInit()

While $On
While $Go
Local $MSeconds = Round(TimerDiff($T)/100, 0)
Local $Seconds = Round(TimerDiff($T)/1000, 0)
If $Seconds < 10 Then
$Seconds = "0" & $Seconds
EndIf
Local $Minutes = Round($Seconds/60, 0)
If $Minutes < 10 Then
$Minutes = "0" & $Minutes
EndIf
Local $Hours = Round($Minutes/60, 0)
If $Hours < 10 Then
$Hours = "0" & $Hours
EndIf
Local $TStamp = String($Hours & ":"& $Minutes & ":" & $Seconds)
;MouseClick("left", 0, 0)
;Send('a')
ToolTip($TStamp, 15, 0, "Time Running")
WEnd
WEnd

Func Pause()
If $Go == True Then
$Go = False
Else
$Go = True
EndIf
EndFunc

Func Stop()
Exit
EndFunc

If I use a _datediff, I would need to do a global for each of the variables (hour/minute/second) then do a diff for each? Or can I do an entire timestamp difference?

Edited by Tru

Tru,

Like so

#include <date.au3>
local $start_time = _nowcalc()
sleep(2000)
tooltip('Time difference = ' & _datediff('s',$start_time,_nowcalc()) & ' seconds' & @lf)
sleep(2000)

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Tru,

This

If I use a _datediff, I would need to do a global for each of the variables (hour/minute/second) then do a diff for each? Or can I do an entire timestamp difference?

leads me to believe that the help file might be your best friend. There are also several good wiki topics on autoit, just google it.

kylomas

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Here's how I would do it. The $OldCounter check is only so that it doesn't constantly print to the console, but only puts something there when the time changes.

$OldCounter = "11:11:11"
$Timer = TimerInit()
While 1
    $iSetTime = TimerDiff($Timer)/1000
    ;split the seconds into minutes and seconds
    $Hours = Int($iSetTime / 3600)
    $Minutes = Int((($iSetTime / 3600) - $Hours) * 60)
    $iSeconds = Int((((($iSetTime / 3600) - $Hours) * 60) - $Minutes) * 60)
    Local $Counter = StringFormat("%02u:%02u:%02u", $Hours, $Minutes, $iSeconds)
    If $Counter <> $OldCounter Then
        ConsoleWrite($Counter & @CRLF)
        $OldCounter = $Counter
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Here is a function that I used to capture the elapsed time since a button was pressed. I'm sure you could just call it at the start of your script and have it display where ever you want.

Func ElapTime()
Local $sec, $min, $hr
$sec = Mod($seconds, 60)
$min = Mod($seconds / 60, 60)
$hr = Floor($seconds / 60 ^ 2)
GUICtrlSetData($BlankElapsedTimeLabel, StringFormat("%02i:%02i:%02i", $hr, $min, $sec))
$seconds += 1
EndFunc

@BrewManNH,

I can never get my code to look right when I use the autoit tags. Why is that?

Edited by Tomoya

@BrewManNH,

I can never get my code to look right when I use the autoit tags. Why is that?

Don't use the full featured editor when pasting code into the code tags, switch to the basic editor (it's the button on the top left of the edit box), then paste the code. You can switch back after the code has been pasted.

But if you edit the post, the formatting gets messed up again even when using the basic edit mode. Just an FYI

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You could also look at using AdlibRegister every 1000ms instead of in a loop.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

If you do it the way I did, you can format it so that you can create a timer with it. DateDiff just gives you a difference, you can get the time from anywhere in any method you'd like, using TimerDiff was just for display purposes. If you put this into a function and call it with AdLibRegister every 1 second, you can just use a counter variable that keeps track of the times the function is called. Although, there is a possibility that the AdLib might get blocked by another function and cause the timer to be off by a bit.

@BrewmanNH,

Thanks...

@Tru,

This is an example of what guiness and BrewmanNH are alluding to (using adlib's)

#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", true)
local $giu010 = guicreate('Your Training App GUI')
     GUISetOnEvent($gui_event_close,'_exit')
local $btn010 = guictrlcreatebutton('Start Clock',10,10,380,50)
     guictrlsetfont($btn010,16,800,-1,'tahoma')
     GUICtrlSetOnEvent($btn010,'_clock')
local $lbl010 = guictrlcreatelabel("",50,100,300,100,$ss_center+$ss_sunken)
     guictrlsetfont($lbl010,24,800, -1, 'courier new')
     guictrlsetcolor($lbl010,0xaa0000)
local $lbl020 = guictrlcreatelabel('Clock Stopped',50,370,300,20,$ss_center)
     guictrlsetfont($lbl020,12,800,-1,'comic sans ms')
     guictrlsetcolor($lbl020,0x0000aa)
     guisetstate()
while 1
 sleep(250)
wend
func _clock()
 if guictrlread($btn010) = 'Start Clock' then
  guictrlsetdata($btn010,'Stop Clock')
  guictrlsetdata($lbl020,'Clock Started')
  adlibregister('_update_clock',1000)
 else
  guictrlsetdata($btn010,'Start Clock')
  guictrlsetdata($lbl020,'Clock Stopped')
  adlibunregister('_update_clock')
 EndIf
endfunc
func _exit()
 Exit
endfunc
func _update_clock()
 guictrlsetdata($lbl010,@MON & '/' & @MDAY & '/' & @YEAR & @crlf & @HOUR & ':' & @MIN & ':' & @sec)
endfunc

You can adapt it to whatever you need.

kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

The script I posted can be used anywhere, a label, a tooltip, an edit box. The variable $Counter holds the time formatted in HH:MM:SS so you can use that to populate your tooltip.