help a noob ;)

hey all !

just begon writing autoit scripts and was wondering

1) how to make a script that analyse the whole screen to search for a black rectangle for example, and that places the mouse on this rectangle...

2) where to know the RGB values of a specified colour

hey all !

just begon writing autoit scripts and was wondering

1) how to make a script that analyse the whole screen to search for a black rectangle for example, and that places the mouse on this rectangle...

2) where to know the RGB values of a specified colour

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know just getting started with AutoIT can be daunting for a true nubie, so may I suggest you do the following:

1) open up help file

2) click on Contents tab

3) click on every "+" sign

4) scan the entire contents so that you get a broad view of methods that might be of some use to you, now or in the future. This scan will take less than a minute.

5)Go back and scan it again, if you recognize a method's term that might be of use in your project, for instance you will see "PixelSearch" in the list, then click on this. Read about this method. Also read the related methods in the section called "Related" toward the bottom of the page describing the method you are looking at.

This process also will help you in the future since you will see all the available methods, and this might trigger ideas for you on how you can use AutoIT.

Now try to write your script. Spend a few hours on it at least. If you get stuck, post your code and ask for help at that time.

Regards

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X