Albumart Box (Insert Album Art Into A Mp3 File)

nend

Edit: zip file was gone :-) I've placed a new one.

This is a small program I made a while a go.

How it works:

- Drag a jpg file into the box and wait for the explorer to open

- Select 1 or more mp3 file where to inserted the album art

- The album art automatically get smaller in size if it larger the 300x300 pixels (so the mp3 won't get to large)

Please let me know what you think about it.

The source file is in the zip file below.

Posted Image

Albumart Box.zip

Edited by nend

Doesnt work for me

Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_7/ CPU:X64 OS:X86)

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

everything goes f9 i select the image and the mp3

but then after i dont get any change in the Album Art

no errors even ??

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

everything goes f9 i select the image and the mp3

but then after i dont get any change in the Album Art

no errors even ??

Are you sure that the mp3 isn't locked (or opened in a other program)?

Sometimes when a mp3 is damage it won't work even when the mp3 sounds well.

Have you tryed it with a other mp3?

Well it was locked

It works as expected

My code:

• 1 month later...

Nend,

a lot of downloads and nearly no reactions isn't demotivating. It just shows that you've written a good script that works as designed. No errors hence no questions.

I've experienced this a few times myself.

So just be patient ... you will get some feedback over time.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Mabey I've just have to look at it in that way.

Tanks for the reply :idiot:

Nend,

a lot of downloads and nearly no reactions isn't demotivating. It just shows that you've written a good script that works as designed. No errors hence no questions.

I've experienced this a few times myself.

So just be patient ... you will get some feedback over time.

Edited by nend

Answer this >> Why haven't you commented on any of my examples I have posted? Take that answer and then you will understand.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Bump.....

This is a bit demotivating, almost 100 views more than 25 times downloaded and only 1 reaction.

This is nice little tool. I did not know at first that I could dragNdrop an mp3 file and have it read, resize and write the album art, but once I found that out I liked it. I would probably use something like this but it would be nice if it could run on a lot of files.

You might want to check out my latest ID3.au3

I think it could speed up your program a little.

Nice work!

This is nice little tool. I did not know at first that I could dragNdrop an mp3 file and have it read, resize and write the album art, but once I found that out I liked it. I would probably use something like this but it would be nice if it could run on a lot of files.

You might want to check out my latest ID3.au3

I think it could speed up your program a little.

Nice work!

Oh are your the one that made the id3.udf?

I've found it a long time ago and didn't know from who its coming from (nice job).

What do you mean with this sentence “would be nice if it could run on a lot of files”?

And I Will look at your new udf (thanks for that).

Edited by nend

Oh are your the one that made the id3.udf?

I've found it a long time ago and didn't know from who its coming from (nice job).

What do you mean with this sentence “would be nice if it could run on a lot of files”?

And I Will look at your new udf (thanks for that).

I guess what I mean is that the way I would use something this is I would want to decrease the size of my existing mp3 files (over 10,000 files) all at once instead of dragging and dropping each one, maybe some way of selecting a folder. Just an idea...

if I understand you well it's allready possible just insert a image and the programm opent a explorer and there you can select mutiple files (all in one directory) at ones.

He will inserted on every file you selected the image.

I guess what I mean is that the way I would use something this is I would want to decrease the size of my existing mp3 files (over 10,000 files) all at once instead of dragging and dropping each one, maybe some way of selecting a folder. Just an idea...

Edited by nend

• 2 years later...

Sorry to "dig up" an old post but ;) Halloween is coming!

I'm wishing to commandeer portions of this code to help me autopopulate mp3 art for the individual songs I record but I must've stripped out something important.  Can someone help me get this working?

:     :    :     :     :     :     :
        $picfile = 'J:\Google Drive\Music\' & $artist & '\' & $album & '\folder.jpg'
        _ID3ReadTag($thatfile)
        $picfile = 'J:\' & $artalb & '\PICS\' & $title & '.jpg'
        If FileExists($picfile) Then
            writelog("picfile",$picfile)
            $imgOut = @TempDir & "\" & $title & ".jpg"
            $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($imgOut)
            $ht = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage)
            $wd = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)
            _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage)
            _ImageResize($picfile, $imgOut, 300, 300)
            $AlbumArtFile = $imgOut

SplashOff()
            SplashImageOn($title, $imgOut, 300, 300)

_ID3SetTagField("APIC", $imgOut)
            _ID3WriteTag($thatfile)
        EndIf
:     :    :     :     :     :     :