Reformatting a string not to contain any line breaks?

Evening,

I've been copying a lot of text from PDF files and other documents. Problem is, this text appears badly mangled when pasted again, causing formatting issues. I've been trying to write a script that would automatically reformat the copied string:

#include 
#include 

#NoTrayIcon
Opt("TrayMenuMode", 1)
$AboutTrayItem = TrayCreateItem("About")
TrayCreateItem("")
$ExitTrayItem = TrayCreateItem("Exit")
TraySetState()

$hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll")

Beep(1100,300)

While 1
While _IsPressed("11",$hDLL)
If _IsPressed("43",$hDLL) Then
ClipPut(StringStripWS(StringReplace(StringReplace(_ClipBoard_GetData(),@lf," "),@cr," "),4))
Beep(1300,150)
While _IsPressed("43",$hDLL)
Sleep(250)
WEnd
EndIf
WEnd

Local $msg = TrayGetMsg()
Select
Case $msg = $AboutTrayItem
MsgBox(64, "About", "When CTRL+C is pressed, a reformatted version of the string that has thereby been copied, without any newline characters, should be placed on the clipboard.")
Case $msg = $ExitTrayItem
ExitLoop
EndSelect
WEnd

DllClose($hDLL)
Beep(600,300)

So far, it's working for some of my sources. Others, like this two-column book, I still can't nicely copy from.

How do I get out all line breaks, newlines, carriage returns etc. out of a string?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by nf67

Do you just want to remove everything or do you want to replace it with something uniform? Either way, you can do this with StringRegExpReplace:

$sString = StringRegExpReplace($sString, '[rnt]+', ' ') ; Replace line feed, carriage return or tab with a space.

[center]Spiderskank Spiderskank[/center]GetOpt Parse command line options UDF | AU3Text Program internationalization UDF | Identicon visual hash UDF

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rskm
      Hi, I have 5 notepad files with lot of data in each of it. The data are arranged in lines and i wish to get it pasted/copied into excel.  Say, i need to read notepad1 and paste the contents into sheet1 of excel and notepad2 to sheet2 and so on.  If i read the notepad and paste it line by line, it is taking lot of time.  Is there a way by which i can paste the whole of notepad file into excel sheet(and get it pasted line by line as shown in the attached excel), instead of using code to write it line by line?.. I was using Filewriteline(data, line i) initially to write to excel.  The 'i' value was incremented with for loop and the excel was updated, but this takes lot of time.  The expected excel format is attached here.  any help is appreciated.  thanks
      Tmp.xls
    • By vinnyMS
      #Include <Array.au3> #include <Constants.au3> $s = FileRead("2.txt") Local $w = StringRegExp($s, '(?is)(\b\w+\b)(?!.*\b\1\b)', 3) _ArrayColInsert($w, 1) For $i = 0 to UBound($w)-1 StringRegExpReplace($s, '(?i)\b' & $w[$i][0] & '\b', $w[$i][0]) $w[$i][1] = @extended Next _ArraySort($w, 1, 0, 0, 1) _ArrayDisplay($w) i have this script that returns 3 columns  

i need to copy the  Col 0 and Col 1 as text to paste on notepad or excel
      you will have to create a "copy" button if possible
      array.au3 2.txt
    • By cruisepandey
      Hi, 
      I have a string like this : 
      Global $Msga = "urrent directory is /send.  (Submission of file with log number 29381077284 is confirmed)";
      I want to extract the number 29381077284  from the string. I did StringSplit to split based on "(" and then use space to reach there, But it's not a good choice. 
      Can anyone help me with regular expression to find the number from String using AutoIT. TIA
    • By DannyJ
      I have this example string:

2020-06-08 09:23:33 : abcdefghifjklm How to trim just the right part? Or how to trim this text right to left?
      I want to trim this string right to left until ' : '.
      In ohter words: I need the 'abcdefghifklm' text.
      I have tried StringTrimRight, but that requires 
      The number of characters to trim. Unfortunately StringSplit trims the left part of the strings.